Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab waterproof extension csble

Donut

Minelab has a 1/8 ton1/4 inch cable with the other end not.
I can’t see buying a $150 + set of headsets for the little time here in Michigan I have to hunt.
What it the 1/4 inch goes underwater.
My head won’t be under water and I have an old set of cheap headsets wired and cheap earbuds wired.
Will they still work if the 1/4 inch goes under water. All this is in fresh water
I hope I explained that ok.
My water hunting season will be over soon.

Doug

The 1/4 inch connector is NOT water proof / tight at all. It may work for awhile in fresh water, but will soon give up the ghost. Water will get into the wire etc. just don't do it is my advice. I cut off the 1/4 inch connector end added a water proof connector in-line with the Garret cable to connect to my GG Amphibians. about a $70 adapter but I now can use the GG with any of my 3 Garretts or my Equinox.

Ok thanks that was what I’m wondering. $70:for the waterproof connector , that’s half the price of the waterproof headsets. So it look like I’m not gonna be going into the water for a long time. Lol my SS doesn’t stretch that fa.
Thanks you for the information.

Doug