Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

minelab Xchange program and win issues

JOSHUAWCOLVEY

xchange will not run on win 10 . Version XChange2-1.8.7-1.1.10. Get an error like this below?
Tried running as administrator and it never opens. Tried changing the setting for compatibility?

havent heard of that one before, but I don't run Win10 (and I wont let it upgrade either).

Win 10 is a lot better overall unless your still on xp. We did a large network upgrade on all our computers. Here is something. The install location is kinda odd and it will not allow you to change it.

C:\Users\altered\AppData\Roaming\XChange2\XChange2.exe -d'.\' -n'mldata' -r

That is an odd location. I don't see that on my laptop as the location it was installed in. There was a problem a while back with the app being flagged as a virus. However this message appears to be OS generated ( not from an AV package ) and doesn't say anything about some sort of infection. Are you sure you are an Administrator on that box? What happens if you log out and log in as Administrator and try to install? If you are on a network, you could be restricted by Group Policy set up by your IT department which may be causing the issue especially if they have really clamped down on approved and unapproved apps.

GKMan said:
That is an odd location. I don't see that on my laptop as the location it was installed in. There was a problem a while back with the app being flagged as a virus. However this message appears to be OS generated ( not from an AV package ) and doesn't say anything about some sort of infection. Are you sure you are an Administrator on that box? What happens if you log out and log in as Administrator and try to install? If you are on a network, you could be restricted by Group Policy set up by your IT department which may be causing the issue especially if they have really clamped down on approved and unapproved apps.

Very sure i am the only admin as well as no group network policies.
I have been building computers for a really long time lol.. This is one of those crazy issues that you never see haha..

I also disabled any and all ad aware programs and virus programs before install to make sure.

Windows Administration is my job, can't say I have seen this exact message outside of gp not allowing a certain exe... Hm, disable UAC?

Are you using a version downloaded from Minelab or the one that came with the unit on a CD? However, they very well be the same nowadays.. But would be curious if you tried one as opposed to the other.

GKMan said:
Are you using a version downloaded from Minelab or the one that came with the unit on a CD? However, they very well be the same nowadays.. But would be curious if you tried one as opposed to the other.

Tried them both. First was one that came on cd. I have a win 8 laptop it works fine on. PITA.
LOL

You are not having luck! I guess I would contact Minelab support.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/detecting-apps/xchange-2

For XChange 2 support and queries, please contact support@xchange2.net.

I just had this problem and solved it by right clicking on the install file and selecting run this program as administrator. So I had to install as admin. Hopefully it keeps working but it is now.