Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mini Square?

TerryEastTexas

This is what appears to be a tiny square. The head is 1" and the shaft is 2". It has eighth inch marks along the shaft. It is a solid piece of brass. Any help is appreciated.
100_4306.JPG

What in the world would you use a 2” caliper for?

I got a response that stated it was a part of a foldable wooden ruler. I've looked at pics and it seems to fit. I'll post a pic

Has to ancient….. I dont see no metrics on that wood!!!!!!

Looks like part of the ruler may have been broken off. Seeing full tool now make better sense.

Not sure of age Odanscoils. Will do more research.

A Google search revealed that folding rulers were invented by Anton Ullrich in 1851 and are called carpenters rulers. Made of wood, boxwood, ivory, bone, metal and man-made materials.

Had a neighbor that gave me this one when I was a kid. I used it thur high school always wondered what went in that slot now I know. They were used in CW I found this hinge part in a camp near Richmond .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • DCBB3F97-2904-4184-87A5-06D531225819.jpeg
    DCBB3F97-2904-4184-87A5-06D531225819.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • 3596EBF0-D670-4D60-83AC-7AFC39132F49.jpeg
    3596EBF0-D670-4D60-83AC-7AFC39132F49.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80