Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Missouri Ghost Town Give Up 1st Amendment Relics

jimmyk

Hi, All:

Been hunting this Missouri ghost town that was burned during the Civil War. Records show there was troops camped at this location. Found a spot that gave up six lead print type set for newspapers. Have previously found a couple within the confines of the town, but have recently been hunting a field outside the town that has given up some bullets. The spot these came from was about a 50 foot square located three to four hundred yards from the town. Also found a couple of pistol bullets, as well. A 22 cal, single ringed bullet and a 32 cal. round ball. Both shot. Records show there was a skirmish at this location.The first type set I found read at 5 on my 600 Equinox. I normally wouldn't dig such a low number, but it gave such a sweet sound I gave it a try. The rest of the small ones came in between 5 and 7. The larger type set came in at 11. Don't know why they were so far from town. Maybe they were part of the troop camp. Have found type set at other camps in the past. They were all about three inches deep. All in all a fun day's hunt.

Thanks for lookin'

jimmyk in Missouri

I have found type set in some strange locations, but this concentration in a field has more significance to it. Interesting hunt Jimmy.
Jeff