Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed feelings.

7centsworth

With deep mixed feelings I have sold my Xterra and have my coils for sale on the classifieds. After many years with the xterra I am going to try a equinox. I will probably buy another xterra when I get extra cash one day. But a equinox ain’t cheap. I will still visit the xterra forum.

I am glad you will be joining the Equinox forum. :) Good luck with your new machine!

Travis, i wish you luck with the EQ. I think the Xterra's will be the last machines I will buy. I'm pretty happy with how i work with my machines and what we have found. Do let us know how you like the machine and share your finds with us here,

Emmett

Yeah I started the xterras with a 50 then had several 79’s and 705’s. But just liked the 70’s a little better. I wouldn’t be selling all my stuff if the equinox wasn’t close to 800 dollars. I just can’t pay that without selling my Xterra stuff. I could I guess but I don’t want to. Lol. This forum has become family. I have seen hundreds come and go. I can remember this being one of the hottest forums. Then digger came out with his book. I was blessed to win a signed copy. I will always visit and probably have another xterra one day. So far I have sold 3 of my coils and lower rods. I still have I think 4 coils left. It’s like part of me leaving it feels like. I have learned the xterra so well. I can remember my first xterra 50. I was overwhelmed coming from bounty hunters. I wasn’t used to the smoothness and sensitivity. Took me a few weeks to even like the 50. Then I learned it and got the 70. No looking back then. I will still be around.

Yup, they are almost like your children! lol. I still have my X30 hanging on the rack. Will never sell it. I'm sure it will get used again at some point either by a one of my grandkids or a friend who wants to join me on a hunt sometime,

Emmett

We'll miss not having you around as much, but I'll console myself by assuming you'll be back again.
Good luck with the Nox, and don't be a stranger.

I still want to try and kick myself on the butt for having sold my X-70. And that was about 6 years ago!

With deep mixed feelings I have sold my Xterra and have my coils for sale on the classifieds. After many years with the xterra I am going to try a equinox. I will probably buy another xterra when I get extra cash one day. But a equinox ain’t cheap. I will still visit the xterra forum.
Did you use the 3kHz coil at all, If so how did you find it compared to the standard coil. I,m thinking of getting one to target old silver coins.

I used it quite a bit for coins. It has slightly different I’d numbers. But hits on coins a little better. I used it and the digger coil a lot until I started relic hunting.

With deep mixed feelings I have sold my Xterra and have my coils for sale on the classifieds. After many years with the xterra I am going to try a equinox. I will probably VTbuy another xterra when I get extra cash one day. But a equinox ain’t cheap. I will still visit the xterra forum.
Do you have the medium frequency coil

I got a 705 the other day. Felt like a homecoming! Literally took 5 steps off the patio and she started singing...Modern quarter. I went back inside the house smiling and thinking. 'the old man and the Xterra still got it! Man would I love to run into an old, brand new 705.