Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed Mode and pgrn1 made me think.

RedRockNv

I have been pondering pgrn1's recent posts see (I love my MXT PRO butt looking for help) and putting them together with Steve Herschbach's guide on Mixed Mode.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steves-guide-metal-detector-mixed-modes.htm#.UQ2GRGdn2HM
I have not really considered relic mode much or mixed mode for that matter. I usually find myself in C & J hoping the machine will tell me what to dig. I just moved to a new area and got the new MXT Pro now I want to switch up my detecting. Hoping to find some relic's here and do some electronic prospecting. Somewhere between this article and the two posts I am hoping to find a new level of detecting for myself. Sometimes for me it takes time to let the information sink in and I have to sleep on it. Anyone else let pgrn1's post start them thinking in to their machine and how to use it? Maybe just feeling spring around the corner and seeing the snow and ice melting off.
This season I want to lock the ground balance more maybe all the time. In the past I have been guilty of swinging the loop over the target multiple times trying to gather all the information I can with out clearly understanding that I am tracking out my target as well. Going to have to dig more iffy targets and deep whispers.

[size=large]you betcha on them Deep Whispers and locking on. learn to use the grd grab more.

HH[/size]

I havn't had a chance to try it myself yet but I like the idea of using Relic Mode with slow S.A.T. speed(accomplished in Relic Alternate mode "trigger fwd on original MXT or Relic with 2-tone on the MXT Pro). This smooths out the threshold greatly which in itself will allow you to listen for whispers MUCH easier. The MXT is a bit chattery with a Fast S.A.T.(all C/J modes are fast S.A.T.) and whispers are hard to hear in some spots.

I'm not 100% familiar with the S.A.T. settings yet. I have read conflicting opinions about the S.A.T. speed is set. It is FIXED on a fast speed for both C/J modes(normal and Alternate). I understand it has a fast AND a slow fixed speeds for Relic Mode(normal mode is 'slow', Alt mode is 'fast'). Prospecting mode is fixed on SLOW only (both alt and normal modes). I have read other posts stating that these 2 modes are the other way around, normal mode=fast, Alt mode=slow. I'm not sure which it is but one is smoother than the other.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?25,1215307

Here is an engineering report on the MXT explaining the VSAT system.....
http://whiteselectronics.com/info/field-reports/73.html

Quoting from that last link, and from Whites... "HyperSAT gives more effective depth in bad ground than normal SAT."

Lastly, Here is a valuable post that seems to clarify HOW to access the normal and Alternate modes on the mxt pro.....
http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/archive/index.php/t-61975.html
Posted by Hunt4Fun
"The Pro has every search mode of the standard MXT except the nearly worthless Pulltab Notch. However the way the search modes are accessed or activated on each model is different. The slower SAT speed, Relic Primary, search mode on the standard MXT is 2 Tone Mode on the MXT Pro and is activated with the musical note button on the MXT Pro. The fast SAT speed, Relic Alternate, search mode on the standard MXT is the 1 Tone Mode on the Pro and is activated by again pressing the musical note button on the MXT Pro. All of the MXT functions are there on the Pro but it does take some time to figure out how to find them.

By the way, there is an undocumented way of operating the MXT Pro in Tone ID while in Relic Primary (2 Tone Mode). Turn on the Pro with the MODE switch in the Coin & Jewelry position. The Pro will start up in Coin & Jewelry search mode with Tone ID on. Now move the MODE switch to Relic and you will be in Relic Primary with Tone ID on.
"

Wow Aarong81. Just the type info I was hoping for. Gives me so much more to process.