Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed Mode is King...Here's Why

I haven't got out much. Too Hot and too busy. I am not going to go into a lot of detail about the hunt and all that, because I posted it on other forums and do not want to be redundant. But if it was not for mixed mode I might have missed one of my best finds ever. This happened earlier in the week while detecting one of my favorite sites.

I got only a hum. No chirp at first, just a slight hum from the All Metal Channel. Then I pinpointed and got a depth reading of 9 inches. I worked different angles and scrubbed the ground and got a nice high chirp in one direction like small buttons sometimes do. I dug a nice deep plug, and there was nothing in the plug, but now I got bouncing high tones of a good deep target.

My pinpointer found the target at the bottom of the hole so I was able to dig a deeper plug under it without the risk of damage.

The weird thing is when I swept over the plug, I only got a hum at first. It must have been on its side. Then when I angled it, I got a 61 VDI. I knew it was gonna be a good one.

I was using the 950 coil in 7KHz. Soil was saturated. Great conditions for a deep target. RX was cranked up to about 12, TX = OFF , Disc =94 AM=80 GF= 10 Hz, Band .This one is tiny, only 17mm so finding it at 9 inches (maybe even a bit deeper based on the length of my pinpointer) is a major hit for me.

[attachment 167779 010a.JPG][attachment 167780 012a.JPG]

Spending some time getting to know your detector pays off ! :beers: Nice find :beers: I will check into MM next Beach outing, I did play with MM a little, as the New mix mode was interesting with disc in one ear and all metal in the other ear.

Mixed Mode + EXPERIENCE = a real nice 1/2 Reale, counterstamped....................... and if you look real close, it looks like a IV over a IIII Neil.

A big [size=x-large]Congratulations[/size]

Larry (IL) said:
Mixed Mode + EXPERIENCE = a real nice 1/2 Reale, counterstamped....................... and if you look real close, it looks like a IV over a IIII Neil.

A big [size=x-large]Congratulations[/size]

I've never seen one of those before, but I'm glad you posted this. Thanks it's an education learning from you, and now I've got another reason to try some other modes. (been trying HiPro recently, and it's taking some getting used to)

What every coin hunter hopes to see!....I am trying to get in touch with some Spanish Colonial Experts....Details to follow!!