Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed Mode Pro

ArnieTX

While playing with this in my coin garden I thought it was supposed to be a dual channel program with all metal in one ear and disc in the other. All I was hearing was a vco type signal (grunt) in both ears.

I discovered that I have a switch on my killer B headphones that when moved to the other position allowed me to hear the disc side along with the vco all metal.

However, both signals were repeated in both earphones the same..... meaning I didn't have singular sounds in each ear. Is it my headphones or is something else going on?

Also, for you Etrac users. I got really really good with my etrac until I got to the point where I maxed it's capabilities. Besides cranking the sens all the way up there was little else i could do to improve performance except buy different coils.....which I did. The Etrac is a great machine but I'm finding this V3i to be a contender. It's too early to tell( I have about 20 hours on the machine) but I was able to hit my test garden 10" quarter with it tonight consistently playing around in single freq. This machine is not as "smooth" as the Etrac but seems to be just as capable. This is my second V3i and it acts a lot beter than the first one I tried last year.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's advice and feedback regarding Mixed Mode Pro.

You need to check stereo mixed mode, not mixed mode.

The only place I find stereo mixed mode is in the expert menu. Maybe I'm setting something up wrong. But, it is selected and I still get both signals in each ear. When I try to pinpoint, pinpoint is barely audible.

There are two sets of switches on my Killer Bees. I've tried all the combinations.

I will try to find my old headphones tomorrow to compare.

Thanks,

Some headphones are not wired for true stereo which is a must for MM Stereo. You might check with the Mfg on the Killer Bees.

Larry (IL) said:
Some headphones are not wired for true stereo which is a must for MM Stereo. You might check with the Mfg on the Killer Bees.

Yep, this is probably the problem.... The wireless headphones are so nice.

I hit a park today that had dog poop every 10 feet and I was sure glad I didnt have a headphone cord dragging around with me:look:

Killer B said my version of HE are not stereo. Oh well.