Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MK11 Sea Hunter

Fishers Ghost

What can you blokes tell me about the Sea Huner in salt water and over wet beach sand?
Is it noisy in the water in Standard Disc Mode? Is it less noisy in Discrete Mode?

Fishers ghost

Is that reply from experience with the Sea Hunter.
I use the Infinium and the sand Shark for salt beach work. The Infinium can be slightly noisy , the Sand Shark is quiet.

Just wondering,if you have a sand shark and infinium,why are you (if you are) thinking about a seahunter,is it because it has some trash elimination.

I have a MK ll and run a 14" coil on it and I don't have a problem with it being noisy also Minelab SD2200d and no noise problem

with it. Irun a 14" mono a 18" mono and a 11" dd on the SD Texas beaches are not that hot of ground though so maybe other areas

have hot enough ground that machines have a problem on them.

I have not used a Sea Hunter. I am asking on behalf of another Aussie forum member who has just purchased a sea hunter and is not happy with it because he says it is noisy in the water and over the wet sand. even with the threshold turned all the way down.
He contacted Garrett in USA and they told him to switch the detector on while in the water?? I thought that this advise was BS so figured I would ask you blokes in the States because there are likely to be more people using the Sea Hunter in the States than here who could give some good advise re this detector.

I am heading down to the coast in a few minutes to do some detecting today, so I will look forward to reading your replies when I get back home tonight.
Cheers.
Fishers ghost

That advice certainly sounds like rubbish to me.I know that you should'nt have to switch it on in the water to get it to run stable.I'll message someone that has a lot of experience with one and see what he has to say about it.Cheers for now,neil.

Have just arrived back from the coast. 100 miles each way. Long way for a few bottle caps and tent pegs. Still it was a fine day with plenty of sunshine, calm water and relaxation.
Thanks for the replies to date. It will be interesting to hear what your friend has to say about the Sea hunter Neil.

Cheers
FG

Why do you think if it's a PI detector it's Noisy ? Pi detectors are not noisy if you know how to set them up. I own a MK 2 and a sand shark, they are not noisy. I have owned an Infinium ,it's a little noisy but not to bad. It also depend on where you are using the detector.

Yes I used a MK II for about a year and found a lot of stuff some gold but mostly metal stuff because PIs will signal on all metal. Mine was noisy if there was any metal under the coil but that is what the machine is designed to do. I got an Excall and never looked back. The Excall has paid for itself many many times.

Hi Fishers Ghost,
I put the question to the experienced seahunter user and he thinks it is either the coil wire or the battery holder.Give these two areas a thorough checkover and if you can't find anything wrong then it's a service job at the factory.He says that the info your friend was given about switching it on in the water is bull,the machine should'nt chatter all the time like your friend's is doing.

Hope this helps a bit.