Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ML 85 Headphones

Ted S

I have the headphones on the charger now. But somehow these headphones seem kind of cheap to me? How many here are using these headphones or is there something better? Thanks! Ted

I have the headphones on the charger now. But somehow these headphones seem kind of cheap to me? How many here are using these headphones or is there something better? Thanks! Ted
Ted I got the 900 in mid-December. The ML 85s although a step up from the ML 80s that came with the 800 are just OK at best. IMO they sound tinny and after an hour or so they start to pinch. I used wireless Avantrees with the 800 and have tried 2 different Bluetooth transmitters with them on the 900 but the sound quality seemed lessened. With the Avantrees wired in to the 900 they sound great. And on the last 5 or 6 hunts I used them that way until I was quickly reminded how aggravating it is for the wire to get snagged on things. The last hunt I went back to the 85s. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a better option is available soon. Good luck. Mark

I'm not a big fan of headphones and decided to get a Garrett Z-Lynk and a Quest Wire-Free Mate. I tested both on my Manticore and the Wire-Free seems to have a crisper audio, the Z-Lynk has the better volume, with the earbuds I use, I kept the Wire-Free.

I'm not a big fan of headphones and decided to get a Garrett Z-Lynk and a Quest Wire-Free Mate. I tested both on my Manticore and the Wire-Free seems to have a crisper audio, the Z-Lynk has the better volume, with the earbuds I use, I kept the Wire-Free.
Dan thanks for the heads up. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Quest Wire -Free were proprietary and could only use there headphones. Thanks. Mark

Dan thanks for the heads up. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Quest Wire -Free were proprietary and could only use there headphones. Thanks. Mark
The Wire-Free Mate is the transmitter/receiver combo, with a 1/4" headphone jack on the reciever.