Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ML Repair Just Fixed My Excalibur Quickly! Super Service!!

ML Repair Just Fixed My Excalibur Quickly! Super Service!!

I emailed them with the problem and got a quote on repair. It was a little pricey but reasonable. My Excal had a broken on/off/threshold switch. It ended up being about $30 less than the quote including shipping back to me. It took slightly less than one month to return.

They also gave me some new seals as I requested, checked over the whole machine and pressure tested it to a depth of 200 feet. They called me when they received the machine, when the problem was diagnosed and again after it was fixed, and once for billing. The detector arrived two days later.

I give them an A+. Way to go ML Repair!! Thanks!

HH - Robin

Still need to get that repair time down, but sounds good. Considering thats the only location to repair Xcals right now and many other of their machines.... not bad.

Dew

Hey Robin..............nice job with the teeth, at first I thought I was seeing something. Very funny !

The going rate on that repair? !00.oo to 120.oo?

The quote was $125 US. The bill was $95 including quick return shipping. I thought that was really reasonable. My machine is way out of warranty.
BF

That's not bad considering they are the only ones that have the Pot's, and you have to pull the Board...I just fixed one, takes about 30 minutes for me. So that price is very inline with what they normally charge..between 100 to 120.

Minelab makes great detector's I have three of them and never had to send anything back except for a coil. When you get your service level to the same level as your product you will be top dog. To me they are the to most import factors to become a leader. The cherry on top of the sunday would be folk's that answer the phones when you call and can help you with any question you have about the equipment and how to use it. At that point when you have to take a price increase do to business pressures and cost of goods you will not hear many if any complaints. It is important for all companys to remeber the customer is WHY. Without them all you have is products to sell and no customers.

OBN,
Do you have to unstack the boards to replace a pot? Seems like you would.

OldBeechnut said:
That's not bad considering they are the only ones that have the Pot's, and you have to pull the Board...I just fixed one, takes about 30 minutes for me. So that price is very inline with what they normally charge..between 100 to 120.

No but you need a very, very slinder, 10mm wrench..

let me check that wrench size again..over Gf's....

Unstacking is almost impossible unless you use chipquik

OBN,

Sounds like you need to sacrifice a wrench to the grinder and make yourself a specialty wrench. Easy enough to do.

OldBeechnut said:
No but you need a very, very slinder, 10mm wrench..

let me check that wrench size again..over Gf's....

Unstacking is almost impossible unless you use chipquik

Sorry I forgot this OT.....8mm