Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modded Excal's

surfman

Put these on the Modification forum but thought I'd show them off here as well. I'm ready now. All I need is the time. To freaking busy. Anyway, these are done and will post all the gold I get of my local beaches here soon. Thanks for looking.

Nice looking units. Mine is longer. I like the unit mounted behind the cuff for balance. The only problem is getting the darn thing in a vehicle. I see you had the cables shortened that go to the coil. I wish I would have done that since the pinpoint mod makes hip or chest mounting impossible anyways. Happy hunting to you.

All ya need now is to upgrade the battery, especially on the blue and those worthless knobs. I agree GM, i like my pods back about 4" from the cuff. It keeps them out of the water more...... which seems to be the key to less repairs. You are about the only one ive seen with the main pod on the other side. Nice work.

I do swing left handed. I didnt shorten anything on either of them. Both have the 1600 mah batterys as well as the aftermarket knobs. I have a Pluggers behind the elbow shaft that i used for years but never liked the length. These are both very comfortable to swing and i rarely ever go deep with them.

Hey Dewcon it might be because he might be left Handed.

I'm actually right handed but have always swung with my left.

surfman said:
I'm actually right handed but have always swung with my left.

I think I'm going to try that method. It might make for easier/faster scooping.

Those look Great!! Should help you pull some of that Ocean Gold for sure!! Do I see knob guards?

Both of mine are mounted the same place, under the elbow, I have more coil control and it feels like a extension of my arm.

And I find if they are underwater they are not as noisey, for me.

Thanks Joe. No, no knob guards yet but will be getting them soon. So far real happy with how they turned out. Thinking I like the 1000 better. Just sounds so smooth. Thanks again for all your help.

goodmore said:
I like the unit mounted behind the cuff for balance. The only problem is getting the darn thing in a vehicle. .

Agreed. I tried the under the elbow and while the balance was better it didn't feel much lighter than stock. Behind the elbow made all of the difference and keeps the unit out of the water in waist deep water...but yea its too long and barely fits in my car and is a pain to store. Ironically my CZ21 feels great under the elbow with perfect balance.