Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modes question

Squirmingcoil77

I was curious about the relic mode. When that is switched on, does it run in "mixed mode" audio like the DFX can? I liked the mixed mode audio, but I also like to turn that function off from time to time. I don't want to hear everything. I understand that the tones will be low for iron and high for everything else above the disc. setting. Thanks.

I use the relic mode with trigger forward gives me a two tone machine.
With the crappy coins here dimes and quarters come in all over the map.

Following is a secret mode for Relic and Prospecting that provides undocumented Multi-Tones for the MXT Pro.............sssshhhhh :detecting:

The multi-tone feature was not intended for the Relic or Prospecting Modes. However, through a bug that is not documented in the owners manual you can activate the multi-tone mode by getting your MXT all set up in Coin & Jewelry Mode and then selecting multi-tone by pressing the "Musical Note" button. Now flip the toggle switch to either Relic Mode or Prospecting Mode and the multi-tone function will remain engaged. However, if you touch any of the control pads at any time now the multi-tone function will shut off. White's decided this "bug" might actually be useful so has left it as is for you to experiment with.

Remember not to press any buttons under the screen or changing modes or else it will go back to the standard Relic mode. You can still update the GB by simply flipping the trac switch from LOCK to GROUND then back to LOCK again, just don't use the ground grab button.

This feature is useful because C/J mode only has a preset fast SAT speed which is why it is much noisier than Relic in 2-tone or Prospecting modes. I think Relic MULTI-TONE is going to be amazing because you can use a lot more gain and still have a very stable threshold.

When you flip from C & J to Relic it is in slow SAT with Tone ID so the Gain can be turned up and still be more stable than C/J mode. The SAT affects the stability because the chatter is from the threshold changing TOO rapidly. A slower SAT speed makes the threshold change slower. C/J mode has ONLY fast SAT speed. Relic has two SAT speed presets.

Coin and jewelery normal position - Fast SAT
Coin and jewelery alternate position - Fast SAT

Relic normal position - Slow SAT
Relic alternate position - Fast SAT

In the modes with the fast SAT the threshold is jittery (I know this is normal), the Relic normal mode which has a slow SAT is smoother.
In Prospecting Mode, you can adjust the SAT Speed manually and combined with this secret multi-tones feature it could prove a useful mode.

The method is described at The White's MXT Page HERE just above the specifications chart. Hmmm, I guess it IS documented afterall.