Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modulation

Now that is funny, I remember that..........:clapping:

Just curious..... why is the dominant frequency mostly 7.5 kHz and even one 2.5 kHz? I thought gold was supposed to hit the high frequency (22.5 kHz) the hardest. When hunting old fair ground parking lots, I would only dig targets on the low end of the positive VDI range if 22.5 kHz dominated... figuring it was possibly deep gold. Guess I need to rethink my thought process.

Dominate frequency is determined by conductivity AND mass. .

Larry (IL) said:
Dominate frequency is determined by conductivity AND mass. .

Larry is correct. Most of the gold rings I have found have come in on the 7.5 frequency. Very few on the 22.5. No gold on the 2.5 frequency.
Remember that gold rings isn't pure and the kt. will vary. So will the size which will effect which frequency hits hardest.
If its shallow, (above 4 inches) VDI consistency at different angles is a good indication of a ring. Changing vdi's will usually be junk. But remember nothing is 100%.