Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

morality has me thinking

i really want to get out and hunt a local river today, but my work sent me home because im sick today(im a waiter and they dont want me to spread my germs). when i was in school and i stayed home sick i wasnt allowed to leave the house. im 24 years old, and i feel like i should just go out and hunt, but i also feel guilty for not being at work. i did tell them that i would work, and they told me no. if you were my boss, would it bother you if you found out?

also this is my 3rd day off, and its the first day that i dont feel like gravity is double. ive been in my house for 2 full days so far not including so far today :blink:

You don't have to feel guilty about anything ... and you are not obligated to stay home. As long as you feel good enough to detect that is all that matters.

I'm glad to hear that you are even thinking this way. :clapping:

1st priority is to get well. If you feel well enough to get out in the fresh air a little, I'd get some fresh air. However...if your excursion makes you sick longer, then thats not a good thing.

Good luck.
Mike

Hi Nick, Best way to settle your thoughts about going to the river would be to simply step up and answer your own thoughts about your "boss" and whether you value your job enough to chance the trip to the river. Anyone else's thoughts about their bosses has nothing really to do with the matter.Your are very young and your"morality" question will arise many times yet in your life, so make "the right choice"decisions now so they become habit for you and you will be well " served" in the future. HH Charlie

I think both McDave and Mike are correct. If you feel well...GO! Make sure you are well enough and won't make yourself sicker. The river will wait for you. Also make sure your boss doesn't find out if you do go...too much explaining to do. Good luck and HH. Matt

Yeah, GO! This is a big planet with lots of ground to cover in such a short time with such small coils...besides, jobs are often a temporary and unprofitable nusiance! :rofl: Its good therapy to wade around in the water no matter how sick you are...the minerals in it are beneficial to health!
Mud

If they sent you home and not on the clock then it's your time, but like others suggested I wouldn't go into details about detecting. HH hank

Nick I have been retired 13 years. You showed up for work. They told you to go home. If you feel good enough to go detecting. I don't think you will give the coins any kind virus or flu to the rings you dig? It is your life. Enjoy it.
My own thoughts now that I have had a chance to sit in my recliner and reflect on my work experience. I wouldn't have showed up 90% of the time I was sick and went to work anyway.
You will be surprised how sitting in a recliner and relaxing will help you through all those thoughts that really don't have anything to with living. The thoughts are there to keep you busy so you don't think about what is really important to you, in your life. Fluff!!! Happy Trails.....Z

thanks for the replies everyone. i ended up staying in the house. i really didnt want to explain to my boss how i twisted my ankle in the river or got poison ivy or whatever karma would have thrown at me. i still havent gotten to the river yet though :veryangry: