Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More fakes! Outrageous.

amustel

Advertised at alibaba website
Whites TDI: $800
Spectra V3 w/ wireless headphones: $650
Whites DFX E $295.00

Whites XLT: $160-$200 per unit if you buy 10 machines

Minelab E-trac $425.00
Minelab Safari: $190 (if you buy 10)
And many, many more...

Only problem: they are Chinese fakes!

I made teh mistake of buying some gold on ebay Sellers were from China. Got my so called gold which ended up being anything but. I tried disputing through paypal, unfortunately, the people had closed tehir accounts before I could contact them. Bottom line, ORDER NOTHING FROM CHINA!!! EVER! NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. Just my two bits

How can they do this (get by with this), useing the (true) manufacturers name???---Man, what's gonna happen next?--------Del

yessir, it's a shame. and, as always, it's BUYER BEWARE! it all goes back to the old adage "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT PROBABLY IS!" the chinese aren't the only ones faking valuable pieces, either.

I think it is not so much selling fakes, from what I have read, you just don't get anything after you send your money to them.

Larry (IL) said:
I think it is not so much selling fakes, from what I have read, you just don't get anything after you send your money to them.

That is another risk. I haven't seen one of these machines, only in pictures, however I read about one guy that purchased one of the fakes DFX for about $300.00 knowing that it was a fake. The fakes do exist, Minelab has warned about them, although what you have said is absolutely possible too.

And people will continue to be suckered in.Think of it this way Chinas color red hence red flag !!!!Warning red light,red danger etc etc.:thumbdown:

Or the .................................?

Yes, outrageous.

But is it sure it is even fakes, why cant it be just a simple fraud.

Pay and get nothing !!!

Thats equally bad for the buyer but atleast it doesnt saturate the market with freak machines that second hand buyers get.

AliBaba is just a community where anyone can start his/hers online store so anything in the crook business is possible there.

You know how the Chinese are bad with English, check the spelling of the detector decals...LOL
Black's instead of White's
Ninelab instead of Minelab
Teshorro instead of Tesoro
Fresher instead of Fisher
Tekmedics instead of Teknetics
McGarrett instead of Garrett
Fountain Hunter instead of Bounty Hunter
Detectorho instead of Detectorpro
:heh:

Sven said:
You know how the Chinese are bad with English, check the spelling of the detector decals...LOL

Tekmedics...hahaha...now that's funny!

People are starting to see fake US copper, 1 oz. silver Pandas and gold coin. This stuff almost always has an ebay connection and is difficult to spot by someone who doesn't know what to look for. Last month, I seen a red uncirculated 1922 plain Lincoln. It had none of the die characteristics of genuine but.....someone on the street could buy it thinking they had a good deal. Now this?

Watch out....just part of selling us the rope. (If I could do a picture...place a picture of noose here.) It's gotta stop. Counterfeit toothpaste for crying out loud!

Yeah on feebay the junk is easy to spot item location is in red flag china dead give away as soon as I see that.Its like yeah right move on.

Sven said:
If they're offering a large fries with the McGarrett put me down for one.
HH
Scott

Those ads have been on minelab eBay for several years. They are usually easy to spot when nobody is bidding on them or the price is real low. and they are not always from China. I have bought a few things off e-bay from china and had a good deal. I always kept the mind that if it looks to good to be true than it is.

n/t