Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

more from the 1862 homestead

kaolinwasher

right in the same spot the ax came out , I found a hourse shoe,& a broken cast Iron pot , Now I am just waiting for that 1860,s 70,s bottle to show up or a silver coin

Attachments

• 20210203_050624.jpg
    20210203_050624.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210203_050629.jpg
    20210203_050629.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 20210203_050644.jpg
    20210203_050644.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
You never know, there could be an 1877 IH cent waiting for you 😎

I found an old 1877 indian , it was in chisago city MN, we stopped at an old abandoned house and found a privy and in the side wall a penny was staring at me it was in real good shape , but i never new how rare it was and just set it in my junk at home and lost it .I have made that mistake with a Doctor gregorys scotch bitters from Minneapolis and sold it for 40 bucks , but found out way to late its worth about 1200, now I look up things, because when you are ignorant you are going to get jipt

The goodies are likely. Is any of the farm house there. I’ve been told the old timers buried there money in site on the bedroom window so they could keep an eye on it if they were laid up. Other hot spots are path to the outhouse, and shaded side of the house where they gathered in the evenings.
I remember visiting an elderly great uncle as a child growing up in Oklahoma. He had no toys but we found a bin of corn cobs and sharpened some sticks to jam them on and would fling them at each other. We ended up out in the corral where we started finding coins all over. We gathered up some, run into the house to show Uncle Jim. He ran out there kicking and swearing at the hogs for rooting up his jars of money. I think about that now and decided to check it out. Found out a relative down in Houston now owns the old place and the Indian Nations Turnpike was built over half of the property. Keep up the hunt keep in mind that something good is there and you’re going to find it.

The goodies are likely. Is any of the farm house there. I’ve been told the old timers buried there money in site on the bedroom window so they could keep an eye on it if they were laid up. Other hot spots are path to the outhouse, and shaded side of the house where they gathered in the evenings.
I remember visiting an elderly great uncle as a child growing up in Oklahoma. He had no toys but we found a bin of corn cobs and sharpened some sticks to jam them on and would fling them at each other. We ended up out in the corral where we started finding coins all over. We gathered up some, run into the house to show Uncle Jim. He ran out there kicking and swearing at the hogs for rooting up his jars of money. I think about that now and decided to check it out. Found out a relative down in Houston now owns the old place and the Indian Nations Turnpike was built over half of the property. Keep up the hunt keep in mind that something good is there and you’re going to find it.
I'd sure like to know if any of those coins are there.

I'd sure like to know if any of those coins are there.
Well the last time I saw Uncle Jim he had bought a new 1952 Willys Jeep Pickupand would drive from his farm near Rose Prairie and parked it in our back yard and would walk to town. He wouldn’t drive downtown in Pryor Okla. too busy for him. He was a lifelong bachelor till shortly after that and married a Cherokee Indian woman. He said he had enough then to keep them the rest of their lives and they moved into a rest home. So he must have retrieved most anyway.

I’ve found a few old horse shoes. I put them facing up on the gate posts around the property. Good luck imposed when you go thru the gate!

These would be fence-line posts that I dug and installed. Put in over 1200’ feet of line 30 yrs ago. Yup, built up my upper body muscles some as all were dug with a manual post hole digger……

These would be fence-line posts that I dug and installed. Put in over 1200’ feet of line 30 yrs ago. Yup, built up my upper body muscles some as all were dug with a manual post hole digger……
I've dug 1000's of overhead power line pole holes over 9' deep.
Average 45-65' pole holes are roughly 6' deep.
What an Awesome exercise !!
I had a nice spoon and spade digging set
Apparently the kids broke the 14' handles.
Now that I'm retired and with shrinking muscles.
I think I'm gonna replace the handles and do a couple holes each week for upper body intense exercise. I need to set up some rope pull and overhead pulling exercises. Like raising a 13' highline arm to top of a 65' pole. LoL
Hard to replicate in the gym. I've tried.
Yeah. Line work was great exercise. Miss it.