Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Gold finds with the Equinox

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Treasure talk with Gordon Heritage https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/found-in-the-fields-equinox-gold
I don't know if you all realize it or not but these are amazing finds in some difficult conditions.
Saxon gold is as rare as hens teeth :surprised: Congratulations Gordon on some terrific finds!!
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Treasure talk with Gordon Heritage https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/found-in-the-fields-equinox-gold
I don't know if you all realize it or not but these are amazing finds in some difficult conditions.
Saxon gold is as rare as hens teeth :surprised: Congratulations Gordon on some terrific finds!!
HH Jeff

Thanks for the link Jeff!!

Wow

laplander said:
HH Jeff
Yes indeed, Jeff.......that is some "RARE" gold!!!
The NOX is looking better& better!

Iowa Dale

Back on 9/19 I said this older guy can't wait and made up my mind to roll the dice on the Equinox. First Brandon's video then more info about it from minelab. Reading Steve's coming out statement plus other posts he's made and now this from Gordon. Yep, I'm smiling right now typing this. Really looking forward to getting one for myself. Thanks for sharing the link.

Seems to be very capable of gleaning leftovers.

The picture of the equinox is slowly coming together. Things will speed up when more reports come in.

Rich

when I look at finds like that, I might as well be looking at something from the moon. When you live in a place with barely over 100 years of occupation, its an ultimate triumph to find anything from the 1890s.

That's how small they are! And to find one of those at 10+ inches , with solid target ID, blows me away!

Jason in Enid said:
when I look at finds like that, I might as well be looking at something from the moon. When you live in a place with barely over 100 years of occupation, its an ultimate triumph to find anything from the 1890s.

+2!

An 1890s coin in Oklahoma is a triumph, indeed! Detectorists in Europe must just laught at us! :)

STeve

sgoss66 said:
Jason in Enid said:

+2!

An 1890s coin in Oklahoma is a triumph, indeed! Detectorists in Europe must just laught at us! :)

STeve
It's all in ones perspective, my first hunt over there :ukflag: I was saving greenies {large cents}, conical musket balls and was told by the natives it was modern crap!
What was really tough was to come back here and dig Merc dimes after digging 1st century romans.

find greenies here call them seateds just so I can say I found a seated penny and yep they except for a couple rare ones went in the bin with the rest of the copper crap big pennys that have to be dug to find the silver..
and yep oldest 1820's and that's as good as it gets here unless one is extremely lucky :clapping:

the oldest stuff we have is billions of years old I guess but has no date or markings to check when it was dropped off here.. colour is yellow :wiggle:

depends if detecting is about having a time out or about money if it was about money probably best off going to work or chasing the yellow..

AJ

Where are you at AJ?
I found my oldest largie in the USA this fall an 1812 classic head, in north Missouri that's unheard of.

that's an old one for sure, modern rubbish over there :biggrin: I am in Australia, no we are not all like me :buds: most are worse :lmfao: now I am in trouble but really its a national past time taking the :beers:

was there anything else in that spot? just looked at your coin its US made coin been making them there for while !!

we didn't make our own coins other than gold till 1910.. super modern rubbish

this what you found in the UK?

that's what I would call a greenie as they turn green in the ground and see why I call them seateds :unsure:.

ours are the same size as the British ones roo on the new ones. which finished in 1964

AJ

sgoss66 said:
Jason in Enid said:

+2!

STeve[/quote

Same here Steve, a barber is like finding a large cent or seated for the guys back east. This town I'm in only had 1000 people up until 1940, founded in 1898. So mercs and rosie are about only silver coins to be found and in limited quantities at that!!

Don't worry there's nothing wrong with a good :beers: that part of the fun going to the U.K. I just don't take it as serious as the locals [lightweight] lol
If the pennies and half cents [greenies] aren't 200 yrs old they are considered by some as modern crap :shrug:

laplander said:
HH Jeff

There is another tester(well known gold hunter in AU) who found a very small piece of gold at 5" with the EQ800, I'd post the pic, but, he prefers to keep the picture linked to the forum where he posted. I'd post a link, but, that's not allowed. The size of the picker was impressive at 5" since he was hunting in very tough soil. The other tiny picker he showed was almost unbelievable, more of a speck than anything.

Several of us here in Fl that are on the order list are hoping to get the machine as soon as its released. Of course that depends on supplies and how they are distributed. I can tell you i for one will get the thing WET...... a lot. So hopefully we can get some info out there as to how this machine will compare to what we have now for beach hunting. Ill try and hook up with my buddy in CWB and do some comparison since he has both the CTX and Xcal too and a lot of time on both. We have low mineralization here in the Gulf, but we do get concentrations of sea weed this time of year which also concentrates the black sand. For those who have never beached hunted, EVERY beach can vary..... even if its just a few miles down the road. They seem to have their own unique appeal to people and what may be found...... especially during the winter months. Im sure there are several SNOW BIRDS waiting too. This should be an interesting few months with the machine. Bring on Spring Break.

You are in a unique positon Dew weather wise, hope you have good reports to share with us.
Try not to enjoy spring break to much:clapping:
HH
laplander