Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Gold finds with the Equinox

laplander said:
Where are you at AJ?
I found my oldest largie in the USA this fall an 1812 classic head, in north Missouri that's unheard of.

That's funny, laplander...the summer before last I found my first (and only) large cent, while visiting back home in western PA -- and it was an 1812 classic head, also! ;)

Steve

dewcon4414 said:
Several of us here in Fl that are on the order list are hoping to get the machine as soon as its released. Of course that depends on supplies and how they are distributed. I can tell you i for one will get the thing WET...... a lot. So hopefully we can get some info out there as to how this machine will compare to what we have now for beach hunting. Ill try and hook up with my buddy in CWB and do some comparison since he has both the CTX and Xcal too and a lot of time on both. We have low mineralization here in the Gulf, but we do get concentrations of sea weed this time of year which also concentrates the black sand. For those who have never beached hunted, EVERY beach can vary..... even if its just a few miles down the road. They seem to have their own unique appeal to people and what may be found...... especially during the winter months. Im sure there are several SNOW BIRDS waiting too. This should be an interesting few months with the machine. Bring on Spring Break.

Dew, where are you at on the FL Gulf Coast? I had a good time getting my first taste of beach hunting this past fall on that trip to Destin...

Steve

sgoss66 said:
laplander said:
Where are you at AJ?
I found my oldest largie in the USA this fall an 1812 classic head, in north Missouri that's unheard of.

That's funny, laplander...the summer before last I found my first (and only) large cent, while visiting back home in western PA -- and it was an 1812 classic head, also! ;)

Steve
Congrats Steve hope yours is in better condition than mine!

Doubtful LOL! Took a magnifying glass to read the date -- barely legible... But, it's my first and I'm thrilled to have it! Not often someone "displaced" to Oklahoma gets to dig stuff that old! Fortunately, my "roots" are "back East," and so I do get some hunting time in on some old sites occasionally!

Steve

Dew I too will be doing some side by side dry, wet sand and water tests with my detecting partner as soon as we get our hands on the Equinox. We will be putting it against the CTX, excal and maybe a CZ. Maybe we can meet up at CWB when possible and work it through its paces.