Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More gold ring TID numbers....

Nice list Randy! Very helpful!!

I also want to add that my latest find was 14K white gold at 12.01...

Porschephile said:
Nice list Randy! Very helpful!!

I also want to add that my latest find was 14K white gold at 12.01...

LOL, dang it..
It's back to the school...
I've had a few times I've seen a 12-01 and thought nothing about it..
Never dug a one of them..:(
Thanks..

Digger said:
Odds of me finding another one like that are slim and none..... and slim already left the building! Seriously, I imagine those numbers are skewed because that specific ring is the one that has the 1909 Wheat penny wedged inside. It was that way when I dug it and I've not been able to shake it out. It is stuck so tight, I've thought about prying on it, just to see if it is a VDB! But I've not done that as it is "unique". Besides that, I'd end up scratching both the coin and the ring! I'd guess that long ago, some guy stuck his ring in his pocket, along side his change. The penny became wedged prior to being lost. I'd bet he didn't even miss the penny! HH Randy

Maybe drop it in boiling water for a few drain like a boiled egg and then as hot as possible see if penny comes out. Gold will expand more than copper. Just a idea.

higher CO number is likely due to large surface mass.

I sure am glad I wandered back here today. My CTX is on a truck and slated to be delivered today. This site is going to be a Godsend for me and will surely flatten out my learning curve!!! Thanks to all who have contributed......maybe, someday I will be able to contribute a little!

Everyone stay safe......

Larry (IL) said:
Randy confirmed what we already knew, that gold comes in all across the VDI spectrum, but I was really surprised at the 12-46 on the wedding band. The highest I have had is a 12-33 on a large class ring.

I assume it was 10k most class rings are but if it would have been 18 or so it would have come in high

Say Digger, if you wanted to get that penny out of the ring, you might try heating the ring. The penny might fall out. You might try looking into the expansion rates of the two metals to see which would expand first, or the most, with the heat. The only problem I could see is if the copper expands at a much higher rate than the gold, the penny might crack the ring. You might also try keeping the penny cool, perhaps simply a few drops of water, while heating the ring.

But, as you said, it's kind of unique.