Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More gold ring TID numbers....

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
TID's of rings will vary with K, alloy, size, shape, angle they are buried and whether or not the band is intact. Regardless, there have been some requests for TID infomation on gold rings, so I scanned a few tonight, using the stock coil, open screen and NO GB.
Note that I scanned them each in all four Separation modes, with very little variance in TID readings between each mode. The only exception is the ring in the upper left corner that, when I dug it, I found it had a 1909 penny stuck inside, which is still there. Here are two shots of the same rings, so you can get a better idea of the size and shape. TID numbers and K are listed for each.

[attachment 238173 afewgoldringTIDs.JPG] [attachment 238174 aerialviewofrings.JPG]

Since posting these pictures, Porschephile has posted a 14K white gold band that registered 12/01 in Ferrous Coin Separation mode. [attachment 240137 whitegold.jpg]

and Buried Crap NJ has also allowed us to share a link to his post of rings, with CTX 3030 TID information. Click on the link to take you to his original post on the CTX 3030 forum.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1762075,1762075#msg-1762075

Thanks for taking the time to post the numbers HH

:minelab: CTX 3030
:minelab: Etrac
:whites: Whites m6
Pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

Nice to have that Digger. Thx for taking the time. Can you put it in the charts sticky?

Albert

Got a old class ring lady last night it came in at 12/13-15 thanks for showing the number that really helps. :thumbup:

yes please,,,, a little consistancy here?:razz:

Thanks again Randy great info!

Randy confirmed what we already knew, that gold comes in all across the VDI spectrum, but I was really surprised at the 12-46 on the wedding band. The highest I have had is a 12-33 on a large class ring.

Odds of me finding another one like that are slim and none..... and slim already left the building! Seriously, I imagine those numbers are skewed because that specific ring is the one that has the 1909 Wheat penny wedged inside. It was that way when I dug it and I've not been able to shake it out. It is stuck so tight, I've thought about prying on it, just to see if it is a VDB! But I've not done that as it is "unique". Besides that, I'd end up scratching both the coin and the ring! I'd guess that long ago, some guy stuck his ring in his pocket, along side his change. The penny became wedged prior to being lost. I'd bet he didn't even miss the penny! HH Randy

Very interesting the resized 10k at 13-46 is on I would have never have thought you would see. Why would it read up as a quarter? Never had a 10k ring read that high.

Jason

I hadn't either Jason. There is a huge silver (solder) seam up the side where it was resized. I imagine it throws off the "normal" readings. But jumping to a 46 is much higher than I would have expected. HH Randy

Thanks randy I was not digging many of the readings in the copper penny dime range at the beach as I expected there would be no gold in that range. You just never know.

Jason

Digger said:
Odds of me finding another one like that are slim and none..... and slim already left the building! Seriously, I imagine those numbers are skewed because that specific ring is the one that has the 1909 Wheat penny wedged inside. It was that way when I dug it and I've not been able to shake it out. It is stuck so tight, I've thought about prying on it, just to see if it is a VDB! But I've not done that as it is "unique". Besides that, I'd end up scratching both the coin and the ring! I'd guess that long ago, some guy stuck his ring in his pocket, along side his change. The penny became wedged prior to being lost. I'd bet he didn't even miss the penny! HH Randy
Thanks for posting btw-----

[attachment 238697 slimpickens.jpg]

Cool and thank you my recent 14k just rang up as 12/15 keep in mind that was in combined settings.

-- moved topic --