Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Gold

RONMETZGER

Over the weekend I had a few hours to detect before dark, so I hit the local middle school that has been good for Merc's, Wheaties, and Rings. I has my 5.3 and using Magic's settings. At first I was just searching for silver hits but was having no luck. After a while I started digging anything that looked good. I have dug only a dozen or so pull tabs here the whole summer, so I thought I would look for Gold. The first ring the 10k was 7-8 inch's down giving me a low 40's VDI. Funny, earlier in the summer I dug another gold ring 5 feet away and a few Merc's in the same area. It was a old baseball field, deep in right field, I think they might at one time had bleachers in that spot. The 14k ring was hitting at a 50 VDI at 4-5 inch's deep. this old baseball diamond has given me 4 gold rings this year. Its nice to have a area close by that you could pound for silver and then go back a week later and pound for other type of hits. Thanks for looking. Ron in Henrietta NY

That is a great back up plan you have for not finding any silver Ron.....:lol: Posts like this one is a wake up call for most of us who primarily hunt for silver and makes a person think about how much gold we walk over every year pursuing the silver dime......:sadwalk:

Congratulations on a couple of nice finds Ron.

Ahhh.. those wonderful bleachers. I've got an old athletic field that I hit ocasionaly that hasn't had the bleachers in it since the mid 60's fortunately I grew up there, and know exactly where they were. It's my little happy hunting field that I pick a lil silver, and other goodies from. My gold ring from earlier this summer came from under a bleacher moved to mow grass. :) So great find!!! Congrats!!

At $1420 per ounce, I think it would be a wise thing to dig more of those mid and low range signals!

Nice finds Ron! I'm glad to see that some of the old spots are still producing. I live in your neighborhood so we've probably met somewhere in the past. I'm getting old and senile so I can't remember. Stop by and check out our club sometime. Great bunch of folks. www.GVTS.org.

HH
DD