Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More junk from the 1849 home

JoeinMemphis

Hey all, I went out to the still lived in 1849 home site today to see if I could turn up some luck (or my first silver ever) no luck, and no silver. I have been hitting that place for the last 4 years with a Garrett 1350, an Explorer SE, an Explorer SE Pro, an Excalibur 2, and now the CTX 3030, all with the same results... a LOT of JUNK. But now I can pick the non ferrous junk out from UNDER the ferrous junk!!! One thing that surprises me, is how many of those aluminum spouts from Morton Salt containers I find, that place is good for at least one a day. Today's highlights, one coin, a 1989 zincolin, and a metal caster wheel. Lots of aluminum including melted blobs I assume were cans at one time, lids of old cans, ( I assume oil or similar ) copper wire, and the usual rusty steel that shows up in the coin range. Did I mention it was over 102* here, that makes for a LONG HOT DAY. I am still loving the Geo Hunt and Geo Find features though, I can come home, download the detector into the laptop, transfer the names of my finds to the Geo finds from my little notebook, and know exactly where I found what piece of garbage... Sweet...
HH
Joe

Joe, I hope you are drinking lots of water and moving slow and taking breaks. That kind of heat will kill ya if you're not keeping hydtrated. I found a fanny pack that is insulated like those softside lunch bags and I keep it full of ice cubes to keep popping in my mouth. It keeps my hydrated and helps to handle the heat.

Anyway, your bound to find some coins at that place. Try between the main door and the mailbox and under any old shade trees or stumps now.

Great idea about the ice, I guess I am very lucky that i have known the homeowner for 4 years now, and he have me a house key to go in and sit under the A/C when my head starts pounding if he isn't around. As to the front door to the mailbox, there is a chain link fence around the front side of the property grown over with trees and undergrowth with a long unused gate about 150 yards directly in line with the front door. I am assuming that is where the mailbox once was, I have found 2 wheaties and a nickel just inside the gate. It is also the lowest part of the property and the trashiest with pull tabs etc, but bears more searching.
HH
Joe