Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More of the same, from Fisher

TerryR

Well mine is going on the UPS truck for the 3rd time. Mike Scott said they would have to check it out and see if anything is wrong with it. Never again will I buy a Fisher. This is the worst service on a 3 month old machine that I have ever seen. You all might love them when they work but when they don't you get to join the long line of victims. I asked for a new machine last month when it was in and they said no. I asked for a new machine this month and they said no. I find it hard to believe that a dealer would swap out a unit and run the risk of having to eat a broken down one with a company that could care less if the customer is happy. I have been nice with them, kissed the right parts and still got nowhere. Oh well at least this time they are paying for the shipping. The UPS guy has had my machine longer then me. Thanks to Kellyco for all your support-see ya.

Did you get one of the first ones to come out? I got mine a couple of months ago and so far so good-just wondering what is in my future

kellyco? i have dealt with first texas and had nothing but outstanding service. all posts i have seen have had the same great service. kellyco however has a bad rep. hope fisher really treats you right this time!! let us know.

First Texas does the warranty but kellyco said they would sure try to help me out. ( I my world that means they will listen to me whine.) What has ever happened to keeping the customer happy. I don't think I will be buying anymore from them.

i dont have firsthand experience with kellyco, i only know what ive read and what ive read has been very negative. firsttexas has been awesome in my personal dealings with them and others i have read. try typing in a search "firsttexas service" on this forum and others and ill bet you will get some great reviews of ft. try the same with kellyco. anyway, ill predict that in the near future you will be very happy.(if you deal directly with ft/fisher)like i said before,let us know.

I've never went to Kellyco for service. I have always dealt with Fisher. I went to Kellyco to see if they could put some pressure on Fisher to fix the problem or get Fisher to give me a new machine. I know there are a bunch of loyal Fisher people out there that hate anything negative but just put yourself in my place. Now read the loop hole warranty on the unit. They are not out anything if they loose me as a customer. Kellyco is not out, I'm the only one that is. People need to speak up when they get bad service as well as good service.

or are you dealing strictly with kellyco. from what i have read, fisher, aka first texas has been very responsive to its customers. also you might wish to speak to your credit card company if thats how you purchased the machine. one more thought...what is the lemon law in your state?

Dealing strictly with Fisher. Thought about protesting the credit card but then Kellyco is stuck when it should be Fisher that is stuck. Just not in my nature to burn the wrong people for something that isn't their fault. I hope maybe someone at Fisher will step up and do what is right instead of being a bunch of "We have our policies" people. I'm not to impressed so far but I do feel sorry for the gal that handles returns. She is in a no win job and she is great to deal with.

ok, if you are getting bad service from fisher/firsttexas i am shocked and i hope its not a sign of first texas/fisher becoming "too big" to provide the best service. my experiance was not the same as yours seems to be. i sent in a detector that i bought on ebay and did not have a warranty card for and they replaced the coil,replaced cosmetics and gave me a finds bag free! since you have now talked to mike scott directly i hope he really takes care of you!! good luck and let everyone know the final results, good or bad.

Just wondering if it is doing the same thing or something different each time it had to go back.

Same thing. I am on my 3rd coil on a 3 month old machine. chatters like crazy lots of static when you tap the coil and also when you swing the loop.

they never asked me about a receipt or about anything, they just fixed everything wrong with my T2, and that was two weeks ago. I wonder if it has something to do with Kellyco and some sort of policy they have between them and FT... just guessing though. I would talk to someone else at FT and get an answer.

J

What are your other settings? I will set mine the same and tell you what it does.

Julien

I think it is Kellyco that is screwing you and they are not willing to have Fisher help you! Kellyco buys a ton of equipment and they have buying power and Fisher would do a lot to not usset a big company like that.

I would call Fisher.

I checked mine and it was doing the same sort of thing. Chatter, worse if I tapped the coil or the display. It was running smooth yesterday when I started but I noticed later that if I lowered the sens the chatter just got quieter but not less. I noticed today that I had fiddled with the notch settings and that some of them were notched. I could not figure out how to get them turned off and the manual was inside so I reset it. Before I reset I could not get the chatter to stop no matter what I did, after I reset I can run the sens at 80 and it is dead quiet. Check and see if you have some of the notch settings on and try a reset. Turn it on with the button pushed and the toggle pushed. It worked on mine.

Julien