Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More oldest finds of a life time

ramer

Last week I posted pics of 3 crotal bells and mentioned that my hunting buddy found 2 Jesuit rings and other things. Here are the pics of a one day hunt my friend found. By the way, he found the second Jesuit ring less than 10 seconds after he found the first one. Gotta be some kind of world record for ring finds. Also keep in mind that all these finds date back to the 1650's or so found on a site where a large Indian village once stood with Jesuits living amongst them.

Congrats! Fantastic finds!

Some great find's there! The rings are certainly very old and the spoon is interesting!

Yes, the spoon is unusual in that the maker's mark is inside the cup of the spoon. He looked up the maker's mark and found that those types of spoons were produced between 1650 and 1700.

Very nice finds , I've never found a ring, let alone 2 in 10 seconds. Congratz.

The "arrow head",center pic looks remarkably like several examples I have found here in France of what I believe to be a part of a tool used for spinning wool,the 'fuseaux' or yarn package was tipped with this copper point which fits exactly into the 'fusaiole' or spindle whorl,don't think any Indians lived here though!

I love this site, next best thing to digging!!!