Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Q's for those who have tested: sweeping, and 17x13 coil

weequay

When sweeping: do we still sweep at the same speed we have for Explorer and ETrac, or can we sweep faster?
And, does repeating a sweep over the same area lock-in the signal better, or is one sweep enough?

How has the 17x13 coil worked out in terms of weight, depth, noise vs target ID, etc?

Thanks!

weequay said:
When sweeping: do we still sweep at the same speed we have for Explorer and ETrac, or can we sweep faster?
And, does repeating a sweep over the same area lock-in the signal better, or is one sweep enough?

First, I've only tested the stock and 6-inch coils. I've not tested the larger coil. So I can't provide a "first hand" answer to your questions regarding it's characteristics.

My first response on sweep speed is to say it is very forgiving. In areas with targets "few and far between" I found myself going a bit faster than with the E-TRAC. But in areas where the ground had a lot of targets, once I realized just how many targets there were hiding under the coil at any particular time, I subconsciously slowed down to analyze each of them. It wasn't because the CTX 3030 couldn't keep up. It does. I just felt compelled to gather as much information as I could, and analyze each target's properties as thoroughly as possible,as part of the testing process.

When you initially sweep over a target, you immediately get both an audio response (from targets who's properties are set to be accepted) and a visual indicator on the display (from all target properties) But as with any detector, after initially hearing and seeing the information available, sweeping back over it gives you a better opportunity to "lock in" and analyze that information. The benefit of using Target Trace is that each target leaves a Target trail on the Smartscreen. By implementing Target Trace Pinpoint, those trails are intensified by the signal strength. As such, repeated sweeps will intensify the trail, leaving it until you release the Pinpoint trigger. It is like having a visual "lock in" in conjunction with the audio "lock in" that you experienced with the E-TRAC.

One sweep could be enough for some folks. But for me, Xing over the target in either the hunt mode or in TT pinpoint allowed me to make a more accurate analysis of each target under the coil. Particulary when there are multiple targets involved. HH Randy