Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Sept-Oct cellar hole finds

Ytcoinshooter

I’ve been mostly using and EQX 800. The F75-LTD with 10x5.5” concentric will come along tomorrow with the Minelab. We hope to find some new sites. The wells are a hidden hazard and care is taken to scout those out before we get to engrossed in swinging. One well, the deepest we found was still good, dug high above a healthy stream. My stepson’s nicer Fugio was found under a log at a well. I should post it. My gear always includes snake gaiters, bite kit, counter assault bear spray orange vest or hat in season and a few other must haves. We hunt these sites in pairs when the are deep in the weeds. Walk-in talkies work better than smart phones. I did pic up an Apple Watch ultra and the backtrack feature is great. It’s an awesome, rugged gps enabled piece. Nice to have on the wrist if I take a hard fall…Help! Pics are 1700’s shoe buckle, 1856 buckle, my Fugio fresh dug, buckle frags,ox non & musket ball and 2 site pics.
F9F298CC-FFD3-4883-AE0D-2DB032AE98EE.jpeg
B04A27E3-CA36-4892-BEBC-B2A75382B62C.jpeg
479833D7-F585-4153-8935-D8A6ACAC703F.jpeg
E20F7E71-DB3C-4868-9B5E-5C8E12884BF5.jpeg
90B2D31A-0573-44A9-B2AC-F7A35C365CF4.jpeg
659C22C4-6003-44DC-A303-75D49EA15665.jpeg
97DA7BDA-E7F1-4BE5-9E9B-2062D13A0F0A.jpeg
E5BF7CED-B692-481E-8CFE-3C37DF756BE2.jpeg
01789815-BB25-4649-AF57-93B8D4C6A040.jpeg
AE686C75-A503-401D-8410-0911AD123DE0.jpeg

I love the buckles! Any idea what the coin is?

I love the buckles! Any idea what the coin is?
The coin is a 1787Fugio cent. Coined in New Haven CT by Jarvis & Buell under contract by the gov’t of the new Federation, predating our constitution. Much Patterned after the 1776 Continental dollar , the features and verbiage “Mind your business” influenced by Ben Franklin, representing the fledgling U.S. are 13 interlinked circles. It is now considered the first federally authorized coinage.

You should get a magnet and a rope and fish that well, probably some cool old relics will come out..Or a big homemade treble hook and rope to throw down in there.. awesome finds for sure, those buckles are killer finds

Yt. Thank you for the info, brand new wrinkle!!!!

Fabulous finds from the early history of our new nation. Woodbutcher, you hit it with the magnet. Might be a bunch of ole' buckles in there.

You should get a magnet and a rope and fish that well, probably some cool old relics will come out..Or a big homemade treble hook and rope to throw down in there.. awesome finds for sure, those buckles are killer finds
My stepson, Casey brought that up. The magnet will only grab ferrous items. Often the buckle center pins are iron, sometimes other small pieces. The frames are typically brass, silver & copper. Most wells have a couple hundred years of debris filling them and the bottoms are unreachable. Finding the one for sure good wet one on the above creek bank back of a large cellar hole is worth a try. We’re not done with the area as it was a colonial era village. There must have been 12-15 wells we found. I’ll tell him to pack the magnet if he didn’t loose it (bust the cord) yet? We’re off to find some other ones today but if we get to the good one I’d like to try it.