Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More silver from the honey hole

Delta Digger

Went back to my honey hole once again. It keeps giving up coins and a few relics. Found a 1940 quarter 1964 dime 1919 wheat and one 1948 wheat. I found these using my whites mxt this evening. The weather was perfect mid 70s ground was nice and moist from a recent rain. I hope to have a few days to do some 9hr hunts instead of 4 hrs each evening. H.H.

Nice finds there . . keep on it !

If you are used to running your detector a little "hot", while hunting coins, the MXT will seem noisy. Try running it in the coin and jewelry mode and set the switches to ground, discriminator to 2, gain to 7, handle switch to center, and threshold at hearing level. The threshold should be humming. Pump the coil a few times. If the threshold stays even, up the gain to 8 and repeat the process until the you either start to get false signaling or the threshold starts to disappear. Test it with some coins, and if you are getting false signals reduce the gain until you are satisfied you can be sure what it is telling you. I do this prior to each hunt. I run the 6

Good job and good advice. Nice finds. :thumbup: CCH

Excellent finds and excellent advice. HH, Nancy