Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morgan Silver Dollar + Barber Quarter Pocket Spill!!

Thanks Rick.
Yes, E Trac really works well in our dirt once you get a grasp on what it is telling you.
winter has to come doesn't it. Ugh.
DAve

You really got that E Trac locked on to the great finds.
It is nice to see these finds as it gives us all what can be found with knowing your detector well and showing there is still a lot of good finds left to find.
It looks like our weather is going to be changing soon, so no detecting for us anymore.

Rick

thanks xfactor,
It takes alot of patience and effort, but our great hobby can be very rewarding.
Very very cool.
I am glad to see finds are still "really happening". I bought 3 detectors 5 years ago for my son and self but it never materialized (he wasn't interested), so I sold them.
Still had the urge so I picked up a couple for myself over the past couple years.
At times I thought ...maybe the good finds are mosy found ...then of course I push those thoughts away.(lol)
I just joined this site....very very glad to see "finds are still being found".
Cool finds!

Tacoma, Washington

thanks Jeff!
Yes, that cross was the last thing I thought would come up with that Indian head signal. Was thin silver though.
Congrats again on that "I" civil war button.
Buck and a quarter, nice very nice Dave! The cross reminds me of a very old rosary JMO. It was a nice break in the weather.
HH Jeff

Wow nice finds Dave funny I just found one two weeks ago crazy!
Mark

Beautiful just beautiful!!! Sends a chill up my spine. hhrickinmi

FPD, Great job on some Super Saves. You and your etrack have proved once again that the etrack is true contender in metal detecting. Congrat's, and Continued success. Love those Minelab Fbs machines.

We had a nice warm up last weekend, so I headed out early Saturday morning to work off the Thanksgiving turkey.
All finds shown are from 2 partial day hunts: Saturday and Sunday. Everything was found with my Minelab eTrac at public researched sites.

The 1882 Silver dollar was on edge in the hole about 9 inches deep. Right next to it was a 4-inch-long x 1/2 thick triangle shaped piece of iron. On the other side was a big bent nail.
It was originally giving a very flat and chopped faint wheat penny sound tone. Once I pulled out the Morgan Dollar in disbelief, I proceeded to recheck the hole.
About a foot away I exposed a very faint high tone. Out popped the Barber quarter. It was about a foot deep.
I hit a couple ball shaped buttons in the area that I thought may be silver. Also found at the same site was a 1902 Indianhead penny,
1907 V nickel and a musket ball and horse sleigh bell (see that picture with finds in my hand)

That silver cross read like a faint scratchy Indian head penny. It was found about 5 feet from that 1884 Indian head penny in a very old city park.
It does not have a sterling stamp on the back but is definitely silver. I was happy to get that one as it is a pretty unique find.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1882 Morgan Silver Dollar
1905 Barber Quarter
1936 Mercury dime, 1946 Roosevelt dime
1884,1902 Indianhead pennies
1880 Netherlands 1 cent
6 Wheat pennies back to 1916

Other Finds
Silver cross
2 aluminum/brass crosses
Tiny Sterling ring
copper ring
front of old aluminum ring
small silver seashell pendant
2 ball shaped buttons
sleigh bell
ID bracelet tag
musket ball
Gold plated cuff link
garter clip
assorted buttons
View attachment 32981View attachment 32982View attachment 32983View attachment 32984View attachment 32985View attachment 32986View attachment 32987View attachment 32988View attachment 32989View attachment 32990
Awesome possum!👍😎
Tacoma, Washington

The 1882 Silver dollar was on edge in the hole about 9 inches deep. Right next to it was a 4-inch-long x 1/2 thick triangle shaped piece of iron. On the other side was a big bent nail.
It was originally giving a very flat and chopped faint wheat penny sound tone.
And this is exactly why you and your Etrac do so well Dave!
Site research and chasing signals that have just a hint of being keepers has paid big rewards as evidenced by your many spectacular posts. The way you know your detector is almost supernatural.

Congratulations.

We had a nice warm up last weekend, so I headed out early Saturday morning to work off the Thanksgiving turkey.
All finds shown are from 2 partial day hunts: Saturday and Sunday. Everything was found with my Minelab eTrac at public researched sites.

It was originally giving a very flat and chopped faint wheat penny sound tone. Once I pulled out the Morgan Dollar in disbelief, I proceeded to recheck the hole.
About a foot away I exposed a very faint high tone. Out popped the Barber quarter. It was about a foot deep.
I hit a couple ball shaped buttons in the area that I thought may be silver. Also found at the same site was a 1902 Indianhead penny,
1907 V nickel and a musket ball and horse sleigh bell (see that picture with finds in my hand)

That silver cross read like a faint scratchy Indian head penny. It was found about 5 feet from that 1884 Indian head penny in a very old city park.
It does not have a sterling stamp on the back but is definitely silver. I was happy to get that one as it is a pretty unique find.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1882 Morgan Silver Dollar
1905 Barber Quarter
1936 Mercury dime, 1946 Roosevelt dime
1884,1902 Indianhead pennies
1880 Netherlands 1 cent
6 Wheat pennies back to 1916

Other Finds
Silver cross
2 aluminum/brass crosses
Tiny Sterling ring
copper ring
front of old aluminum ring
small silver seashell pendant
2 ball shaped buttons
sleigh bell
ID bracelet tag
musket ball
Gold plated cuff link
garter clip
assorted buttons
View attachment 32981View attachment 32982View attachment 32983View attachment 32984View attachment 32985View attachment 32986View attachment 32987View attachment 32988View attachment 32989View attachment 32990
WOW! Congratulations! Those are epic!