Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morning adventure!

sasquache

Thos Morning marks the 3rd time out with my new to me Etrac me and a good friend are headed out too a wooded area not sure on location or where but he has one in mind im going to use the 11 fbs coil i will be using Elmy'S 1- 10 Pattern I'm excited for sure the Etrac is a Amazing detector!! My bud will be using his ctx 3030 i will post on how our adventure went tty all later today. Sas

Thos Morning marks the 3rd time out with my new to me Etrac me and a good friend are headed out too a wooded area not sure on location or where but he has one in mind im going to use the 11 fbs coil i will be using Elmy'S 1- 10 Pattern I'm excited for sure the Etrac is a Amazing detector!! My bud will be using his ctx 3030 i will post on how our adventure went tty all later today. Sas
Great...I do think you will find the 1-10 deep and effective at every site you want to use it for and will be waiting to hear your results from your hunt.

Well one thing for sure you picked the right guy to hook up with, Elmy will shorten your learning curve by a bunch. Just keep track of anything he tells you and give the tips and tricks a try.

Ron in WV

Well a very non productive morning didnt find anything that i would consider a keeper but I'm learning what the Etrac is telling me got some solid hits on rifle casings, shot gun shell and a copper chair leg cap those were solid repeatable target's but i also got alot of crappy all over the place nasty signals and the numbers would jump all over the place. Learning is the key to success.

Well a very non productive morning didnt find anything that i would consider a keeper but I'm learning what the Etrac is telling me got some solid hits on rifle casings, shot gun shell and a copper chair leg cap those were solid repeatable target's but i also got alot of crappy all over the place nasty signals and the numbers would jump all over the place. Learning is the key to success.
good solid repeatable signals are the key...the other hits are just iron or trash the 1-10 is disc'ing out...a good target will hit solid all the way around the target as you circle it.
Put the coil over a good target and you will know it...you should just try a clad hunt in a park to learn the signals. Lower you sensitivity to a manual 16 in a park and collect some clad as a learning tool, Then open it up for the deep stuff...like a manual 24 + sensitivity.

Last edited:
good solid repeatable signals are the key...the other hits are just iron or trash the 1-10 is disc'ing out...a good target will hit solid all the way around the target as you circle it.
Put the coil over a good target and you will know it...you should just try a clad hunt in a park to learn the signals. Lower you sensitivity to a manual 16 in a park and collect some clad as a learning tool, Then open it up for the deep stuff...like a manual 24 + sensitivity.
Your sweep speed from right to left should be about 3 to 4 seconds also... and not jerking at the ends of your sweep...that will make the etrac false for you at higher sensitivity settings...
It is a slow but deep detector and needs a sweep speed like this to do it's magic for you.