Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Morning Work-OUT E-tracker Jim:usan:

jimpugh

It was a beautiful Morning on the Gulf Coast cool... with hardly... a cloud in the sky.

Met up with my digging partner ...off we went swinging our detectors by 8:30 he had to drop his daughter off at school.

It is a very old site that we had secured exclusive permission to hunt . Three hundred year old live Oaks all around right on the gulf

on high ground, tales of pirates 1780 -1815 a bound in this very area.....we have found reales, flint lock pistols,french colonial coins,

and civil war artifacts.......

Well its a very large area .....I am bizzy detecting and I see something in the water......Low and behold two dauphines start

dancing around before my very Eyes .......what A joyous site to see they are safe after all the harsh storms we have weathered !

I thought to myself people pay good money for a show not half as good. I considered it a lucky Omen.

Well break over back to the coal mines! This was my take for the day.....hated to stop.... but by high noon it was time to call it a wrap!

I ran my unit Hot today with stock coil manual 27-30....The Indian penny is so gone ...it is falling apart I can just make out the shield

on the back.
[attachment 105855 925hunt.jpg]

The barber is 1897 it is what I call a spongy .....a good sound but kinda spongy......these are always Very deep this one 13-15

inches like Matts coin..... under root....... which was 10 down .....so at least 3-5 past that.....Any way it was a lot of digging this

morning........I really do not like telling people how deep I find them.... most do not.... believe me....but partner knows and he is

watching the E-trac close!

[attachment 105856 3bits.jpg]

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

If its even the same as the explorer in depth, cause I know I have gotten 14 inch coins with it...deeper in salt sand..
But that dont happen often, as most places I hunt dont have them that deep, or so covered in iron and trash you would never hear them if they were... any coins I have found over the 11 inch mark was in fairly clean ground, so if the etrac can get them in trashy ground.. then all the better.. I never believe anything anyway till I do it myself :)

Nice finds Jim! Looks like you have a great site to hit. I've never found a barber quarter before. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever found two silver quarters on the same day either :sadwalk:. Look forward to your next finds. WTG!

n/t