Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Most Coins Found in One Hunt

LawrencetheMDer

Spent 5 hrs and 40 minutes hunting dry sand with my Equinox 800 today at a beach I call “Coin beach”. Oddly, I only find coins there and there is (almost) a total lack of jewelry. Not sure why. One possibility for the large number of coins is that the shore slope is very mild and when storms and high waves occur the coins surf to the beach and dry sand where I find them. This would explain why there are so many quarters; their real surf kings. Just can't explain the lack of jewelry... Any ways, last 2 yrs pulled something like 1,000 coins from the beach and either zero or perhaps one silver ring. No gold. In past yrs I’ve averaged 1 gold piece and about 2 silver pieces per 200 coins on “normal” beaches I hunt – so now you know why I call it Coin beach.

134 coin Day 2020.jpg

134 Coin Day Quarters 2020.jpg

Today was special, in terms of number of coins; I totaled 134 coins; 35 quarters, 31 dimes, 11 nickels and 57 cents. That is 23.6 coins/hr! Every coin was dug separately – no pocket drops. Also pulled out a silver Pandora ring and a junk SS ring with odd symbols; a circle with a horizontal line through the middle (any ideas?).

Cleaned Silver Ring 2020.jpg

SS ring w  Odd Symbol 2020.jpg

The 2 bullets (7mm or 30/06?) fused together was also an interesting find and a lot of people on the beach thought the bullets were cool and couldn’t believe I found them there.

Fused Bullets 2020.jpg

Absolutely love when I break another personal best; in this case total number of coins in a hunt. Topped it off with another silver ring; something like number 20 for the year. Now that I’ve basically cleaned-out Coin beach, I think I’ll leave it alone for a while to heal. Happy Hunting.

Great hunt! Usually this time of year I’m beach hunting but it’s been so warm and no snow I’m taking full advantage of it!!
Mark

I very rarely find anything but coins and junk jewelry in the dry sand. Most of my better finds come off the slope or in the water.