Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Most Interesting off the Wall Finds Diving with a Detector

scubadetector

Thought I would post some off the wall finds while diving in Michigan with a detector. Some of my favorites are pictured.

Guns, Top left two are real, Taurus 357 Magnum and 22 derringer. Top right is a BB or pelet. Favorite is toy cap gun close to bottom with the long barrel.

Lead toys:

WW1 practice bomb (I have 4 now), Springfield trap door bayonet, Lewis machine gun magazine with 6 live shells (WW1) and the Taurus again. A Ford and a Chrysler lighter and a couple of large toy cars:

Toy metal airplane. Is hollow but has a full bottom:

Gernade fuses, 2lb fishing sinkers and empty bank bag:\

German WW2 wound badge:

Old fishing lures from early 1900's - around 1915

Never know what your next target will be on land or underwater. The nice thing about underwater is if it was dropped way back when, it probably was gone in the sand and or muck fast. Thanks for looking.

Yup cool stuff comes from off the wall.
I miss scuba diving the Buffalo Harbor breakwalls, once Buffalo's garbage dump. And a place where hundreds of ships moored waiting for entry into the
harbor and Buffalo River to unload and or reload their vessels. While waiting, the crews would seek entertainment along the shore at the endless bars, taverns, whore houses.
You just never knew what you will find diving. When I was diving visibility was about 3-8' average on any given day. These day the zebra mussels etc. cleaned the lake up and you can see
at times up to 50' deep from the surface. Just bewilders the mind what we missed over, that's still there waiting to be found. Will say from about 1981 to about 1995 gave up most land detecting
to hunt the water. Way more old treasure to be found.

I would guess some of those handguns you found could either be stolen or used in a crime. Or someone could of just wanted to get rid of those 'evil' guns.
If it were me, i would turn those handguns over to the local Sheriff if you haven't already. Especially if the ser. nos. are still legible.

Some nice finds though!

ironsight said:
I would guess some of those handguns you found could either be stolen or used in a crime. Or someone could of just wanted to get rid of those 'evil' guns.
If it were me, i would turn those handguns over to the local Sheriff if you haven't already. Especially if the ser. nos. are still legible.

Some nice finds though!

Guns were turned in, and given back. The 22 is over 100 years old and it could have been used in a crime. Not a clue on that one, will never fire again. The 357 was in the water for over 30 years, the owner didn't want it and tossed it. Michigan law allowed me to get it back because it was abandoned property. The police department refused to give it back. It almost went to court. It has been returned to fireable condition BUT I doubt if I will ever try it.

I was a cop for almost 9 years. I follow the laws. Better picture of the 22 with the barrel of another single shot 22 I found. Never found the rest of the gun.

Excellent! You sure do find some great stuff down there a few fathoms!:clapping:
Mud

Diving the way to go to find the good varieties of finds.:clapping: