Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mother's day trip to Seated park

Took a trip to my old hometown to see mom a day early for Mother's day, and naturally had to stop at my favorite old Seated park, to see if all the rain might bring a few keepers to light.

I wasn't there 2 minutes when I got a signal that sounded like silver and junk together. Flipped a plug and sure enough, 1902 Barber dime sitting right there. Checked the hole with my probe and sounded off again- rusty nail.

Went on to find the V-nickel shown- I can make out the 2 at the end of the date and that's about it- probably the worst V-Nick I've ever found. Also found 1890, 1893 and 1907 Indians in pretty much the same shape as the V, and a few other items, including the silver bell- looks like from a necklace or bracelet.

No seated today but this brings me up to 812 keepers from this park- I can't see making it to 1000, but when I hit 700, I thought it may be pretty well hunted out, so who knows.

HH all!

-- Jeff --
[size=large][/size]

Put that nickel in Aluminum Jelly. It will turn light pink; but, you'll get a date. The light pink color can then be removed with Nic-A-Date or the equivalent acid.

[size=large]Thanks for the advice! I'll try it and hopefully find time to re-post. Much appreciated... -- Jeff --[/size]

Nice stuff Jeff.
NEVER hunted out, just have to decide at some point if the time is worth the prize.

Good looking barber dime.

Rich