Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MTX finds old silver (very small) Coin:beers:

norbyx

Today I went to an old park in the center of the capatial city, actually one of the very few left. After about an hower hunting with the MXT, and finding about 10 clad coins, i have a nice signal at about 4 inches. I start digging and at 4 inches there was nothing, on the top of the plug that I pulled out the garrett PP didn't detect nothing, on the bottom of the plug same, nothing. I take the MXT back in hand and scan the hole, nothing, Scan the plug, I had a good signal. Well I start taking the plug apart from the bottom up to see if the garrett would pick up the coin, after a short time the PP starts to detect something, I find a small but shiny coin, clean it up a little, and my surprise it was an old 5 cent silver coin. Date 1892, my oldest coin to date. I was so happy...
The interesting part is that this last hunt was done with a police officer on my side that was looking at me coin shooting and came over to see what I was digging. When I found the 5 cent coin we both got happy... The officer was congratulating me on my find and we started talking on where would it be possible to find other old coins.

It was an nice day and I am very happy...

Just wanted to share my first silver coin... :)

P1070093.jpg

P1070094.jpg

Big congratulations on your first silver coin. I've not seen a silver 5 centavos coin before. Cool! HH, Nancy

Thanks I appreciate it. I am really happy about my find.
Here in Costa Rica, local coins where forged just in 1850. Before that spanish coins were used (I supose).

[size=large]very nice find. darn near mint condition. looks like someone got it at a bank and then went out and dropped it. no wear marks.
given the story behind the coins mintage i would hope your coin has good value being rare and in such great shape. congrats.

HH[/size]

I'm curious as to the size of the coin. She sure is a beauty. Thanks, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
I'm curious as to the size of the coin. She sure is a beauty. Thanks, Nancy

P1070095.jpg

Here is a pic with a dime so you have an idea on how small it is. It was at about 3 inches deep, I had the detector with the sensitivity set at 6 because I didn't want to pick up too much deep trash signals. Was a nice constant 74/75 VDI.

OH yes, that is a beaty and a very nice find. Thanks for showing it. BIG congrats again! HH, Nancy

When I saw this post I thought I had one similar but minted for the Phillipines. I had this one for awhile and its not a dug coin. Oddly it says United States of America on one side and Phillipines on the other. Its a WW1 coin and I wonder if it was issued to american troops to use in the Phillipines, but I don't have any idea.

Your coin is awesome, I bet it is pretty valuable.

Aarong81 that is a very interesting coin you got there.. very nice indeed. I didn't know that the philipines were under the US administration here is a quote on wikipedia:

First Philippine Republic was established the following year. Meanwhile, the islands were ceded by Spain to the United States for US$20 million in the 1898 Treaty of Paris. As it became increasingly clear the United States would not recognize the First Philippine Republic, the Philippine