Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi Kruzer - Changing the Depth reading from Metric to Inches

Coin Rescue Inc

Hi,

I think I made a discovery. I do not mean to be critical in any way. Just want to let everyone know in case they have the same issue

My Multi Kruzer came with the Depth Meter set for Centimeters - You can see in the Manual there is a way to change the depth reading to Inches.

(See Below what I copied from the Manual)

IMPORTANT! If you want the target depth to be displayed in inches instead of cms please do the following: While the device is off, press and hold the SELECT and OPTIONS buttons simultaneously and turn the device on. ''In'' will be displayed. To switch back to cms, you need to turn the device off and then repeat the above procedure. While the device is initializing, ''SI'' will be displayed.

I believe there may be a misprint in the Manual.

I can only change my unit by by holding down the

"Settings" and "Option" buttons while turn the unit on.

I tested this several times without an issue

Happy Hunting All:detecting:

A good idea to check on any new machine and more so if it comes from a metric country.

Your right, there's a misprint. The manuals way of changing from metric to inches will not work. Your way does.

I read somewhere that there's a way to change the VID so that stuff rings up with the same VID in all 3 frequencies. I'm not sure if it's in the manual but by pressing the + and - buttons from within a mode together will change SD to NO and thus allow the VID to display the same in all 3 frequencies.

Per the Manual the Multi Kruzer is shipped with the ID in the "Normalized Mode" - this means the ID is shown in all frequencies to reads the same ID as in 14 Hz, plus or minus a few points.

You can change it for different scale on each frequency by pressing the plus and minus buttons simultaneously to provide what they call Standard Scale Mode. After doing this you will have to memorize 3 different ID scales. 5 HZ - 14 HZ and 19 HZ.

For me I want one scale in all frequencies to make life simple. So I will not change this.

My Multi Kruzer arrived today. I'm pretty sure it's showing cms but holding down the Select and Options buttons while turning it on doesn't show cm or In. I've also tried holding the Settings and Option button while turning it on. Either way, mine shows Ld white the detector is initializing.

Tom Slick said:
My Multi Kruzer arrived today. I'm pretty sure it's showing cms but holding down the Select and Options buttons while turning it on doesn't show cm or In. I've also tried holding the Settings and Option button while turning it on. Either way, mine shows Ld white the detector is initializing.

Yes the Ld is always show on my unit at start up - you need to keep holding down the "Settings and Option" button until the "Ld" disappears.

That is when the "In or Si" will flash indicating what mode you will see.

As such, the numeric VDI [size=small]... Visual Discrimination Indicator ...[/size] will have the TID read-outs very close to consistent with a change in the Operating Frequency. There can be, with any detector, a slight change in the VDI read-out with a change in:

• Frequency
• Search Coil Type
• Search Coil size
• Search Coil shape
• Target alignment with the center-axis of the search coil sweep
• Target depth
• Target position or orientation to the coil's EMF
• Isolation or the influence of a nearby masking object
• Ground density
• Moisture content and amount of/depth of saturation
• ??? other things.

In short, visual TID is only helpful and should not be expected to perform to a 100% 'perfect' air-test type read-out as there are too many variables. I will say, however, that both the Impact and Multi-Kruzer have behaved quite well for me when switching Frequencies on-the-fly in changing search conditions. All my Nokta and Makro detector models provide above-average TID response and lock-on.

Monte

Coin Rescue: You are correct. Hold both settings and options and you will see in or Si. If I hold down settings only and turn on I s HP. Do you know what that is?

Thanks
Thomas

\"Carolina\" said:
Coin Rescue: You are correct. Hold both settings and options and you will see in or Si. If I hold down settings only and turn on I s HP. Do you know what that is?

Thanks
Thomas

That's what you use to pair the wireless headphones. Instructions are included in the box on how it is done.

Thanks, I should read a little bit and play a little less. Hahahahaha New toy you know. Thanks again.

Nah.....It was a good question....I had to speed read the manual and then the Head Phone portion because I could not remember where I saw it.
All you guys are keeping me on my toes. My benefit here is knowing how to operate the Kruzer in the field....:nerd: