Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Music lovers thread - Post current listening interests. favorites, share share share

I just got home after a hard day's work and many kilometers of walking, I have eaten something, I have entered the forum ...
and I could not help it ... I HAVE RETURNED THE VIDEO OF "SOPOR AETERNUS" !! :eek::ROFLMAO:

I started out a Music Major in the early 70s, then went into the military, then Law Enforcement as a career. Very much into Jazz and the takeoff groups in that era. As a bassist I was into Ray Brown and at one point during the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival here in the 80s I was assigned security at a large motel here. 2:00am and Lionel and Ray step out for late night breakfast and asked my partner and I to join them. I couldnt speak for two days. Very nice gentlemen.
My choice of sound back then were the horn bands, Chicago, BS&T, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Bill Chase, Tower of Power. Great stuff to try and play……. Eventually went towards Country and now the old stuff, Waylon and Willie and the Boys. Weird how one goes full circle but having the background it was more the music than the subject matter. EADG as we bass boys would say.

So how many of you are musicians??

I play guitar and bass. I usually play blues and rock but I also write instrumentals for myself.

Am a studio player too.
I finally got around to making a YouTube channel and here is some of my acoustic stuff.

I play all of the guitar and bass on this.

It may not be to some of your taste but it is original music by me.

Take a listen.

I started out a Music Major in the early 70s, then went into the military, then Law Enforcement as a career. Very much into Jazz and the takeoff groups in that era. As a bassist I was into Ray Brown and at one point during the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival here in the 80s I was assigned security at a large motel here. 2:00am and Lionel and Ray step out for late night breakfast and asked my partner and I to join them. I couldnt speak for two days. Very nice gentlemen.
My choice of sound back then were the horn bands, Chicago, BS&T, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Bill Chase, Tower of Power. Great stuff to try and play……. Eventually went towards Country and now the old stuff, Waylon and Willie and the Boys. Weird how one goes full circle but having the background it was more the music than the subject matter. EADG as we bass boys would say.
Ronstar. Sounds like you have some good memories. I myself only knew 1 musician who had a little fame. Sad story though. He chose to die in a small trailer an alcaholic dying from pancreatic cancer. He did play with Lawrence Welk, Hank Snow & others though. I Thought he was telling tall tales most of the time I knew him But 1 day he showed me many pictures of him in his younger days. He was actually telling the truth

In my youth, I also played the electric guitar and the organ. Then, when I was 17 years old, I enlisted in the army and later I went back to my studies and started working. The guitar took a back seat. I haven't played again until then.
Jazz, is a type of music, that to this day I cannot understand, it gives me the impression that each instrument is free ...
I know the problem is me. haha

Draco,
Jazz is completely interpretive. Think of someone saying they would like to learn English but would understand it better if a real live Texas country boy taught it. Ever listened to a true Texan or Oklahoman kid talk?
If you can play a 1-4-5 pattern and throw in a augmented or diminished 5th (I know, a diminished 5th is an empty whiskey bottle) or a minor chord some where in the mix and your horn section does the same thing then you are now playing a style of jazz.
Some variations are extremely hard to follow. Fusion jazz can be fun as hell to play but one needs to understand basic music theory, Club jazz is fun to play but I learned quickly dance jazz is where one makes a nightly living.
Start by listening to the big band swing era, then add that Texas drawl to it! 😉

Draco,
Jazz is completely interpretive. Think of someone saying they would like to learn English but would understand it better if a real live Texas country boy taught it. Ever listened to a true Texan or Oklahoman kid talk?
If you can play a 1-4-5 pattern and throw in a augmented or diminished 5th (I know, a diminished 5th is an empty whiskey bottle) or a minor chord some where in the mix and your horn section does the same thing then you are now playing a style of jazz.
Some variations are extremely hard to follow. Fusion jazz can be fun as hell to play but one needs to understand basic music theory, Club jazz is fun to play but I learned quickly dance jazz is where one makes a nightly living.
Start by listening to the big band swing era, then add that Texas drawl to it! 😉
Very difficult for a deaf person like me, to hear a Texan speak haha :ROFLMAO: Yee haww