Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Music lovers thread - Post current listening interests. favorites, share share share

How about someone I've been listening to for 50 years? He just recently cancelled his scheduled tour for health reasons. :(
I wish him all the best, as he is truly one of the all time greats.

How about a little patriotic inspiration
God. This one gives me chills an a tear to my eye.
Everytime !!!

ME TOO! Glory Hallelujah May She always be blessed & in God's Control serving the nations with His Morals of Goodness & Love! Amen! Ma
Grandma loved her. A little country.

Settin ya back a wazs

YA--Gettin' into my Hill Billy Territory now! (y) Ma

Yup
I was raised on 30-60's country.
All grandma would play. 🤗
Today I love all music except pop and rap.
Love to find a source, station playing the Old country.
I would think that you could be able to get the Grand Ole Opry & Roy Clark's & his gang playing & singing on his show? Maybe type in what you would like to see & hear on U-TUBE! HOWDY, I am so glad to be here was Minnie Pearl's entrance into his shows & telling corny jokes were told on HEE-HAW, of course all are probably dead now, but their lives live on in memories & reruns!

Tami loves Elvis Pressly because her grandma, her dad's mom, listened to his records when Tami was visiting her--she is loaded with Photos & Newspaper articles concerning him, even though he was mine & her dad's age! His first movie was "Love Me Tender" shown at the Grand Theater in Mid-Town, St. Louis, Mo which my ex & I attended while I was pregnant with her, so she heard him before born & started at a very young age! LOL! The older programs & movies were so much better than most are today; therefore, don't listen unless they are OLDIES! My oldest two watched Dick Clark & his bandstand! Oldest living teenager for many, many years: Ma

I would think that you could be able to get the Grand Ole Opry & Roy Clark's & his gang playing & singing on his show? Maybe type in what you would like to see & hear on U-TUBE! HOWDY, I am so glad to be here was Minnie Pearl's entrance into his shows & telling corny jokes were told on HEE-HAW, of course all are probably dead now, but their lives live on in memories & reruns!

Tami loves Elvis Pressly because her grandma, her dad's mom, listened to his records when Tami was visiting her--she is loaded with Photos & Newspaper articles concerning him, even though he was mine & her dad's age! His first movie was "Love Me Tender" shown at the Grand Theater in Mid-Town, St. Louis, Mo which my ex & I attended while I was pregnant with her, so she heard him before born & started at a very young age! LOL! The older programs & movies were so much better than most are today; therefore, don't listen unless they are OLDIES! My oldest two watched Dick Clark & his bandstand! Oldest living teenager for many, many years: Ma
I have a little story for you.
My immediate family is from Bolt Mountain WV.
Little Jimmy Dickens. Went to school and hung out with my uncle's. Chris and Frank. Jerald being years older was off to college.
Kids picked on little Jimmy at school for his size. My uncle's took care of him. Hated bullies !!
They and my natural Grandpa taught him how to play guitar and banjos. Grandpa gave him his first guitar. Grandpa died at 47 when my mom was 11 yrs old. Chris a very popular musician died in a car accident with another uncle in 64. They were all so very gifted.
Grandma wanted to go to the Opry since it started.
Years later grandma finally had her wish come true. When little Jimmy invited her to the Grand Oll Opry. He took grandma up on stage before his act and told this story of his beginnings. Poor grandma she was scared half to death. Having never been on stage.
I so wish grandma was here. My uncle's too.
They could tell you so many incredible stories.
Stories that I can only remember bits and pieces of from my early childhood.

I have a little story for you.
My immediate family is from Bolt Mountain WV.
Little Jimmy Dickens. Went to school and hung out with my uncle's. Chris and Frank. Jerald being years older was off to college.
Kids picked on little Jimmy at school for his size. My uncle's took care of him. Hated bullies !!
They and my natural Grandpa taught him how to play guitar and banjos. Grandpa gave him his first guitar. Grandpa died at 47 when my mom was 11 yrs old. Chris a very popular musician died in a car accident with another uncle in 64. They were all so very gifted.
Grandma wanted to go to the Opry since it started.
Years later grandma finally had her wish come true. When little Jimmy invited her to the Grand Oll Opry. He took grandma up on stage before his act and told this story of his beginnings. Poor grandma she was scared half to death. Having never been on stage.
I so wish grandma was here. My uncle's too.
They could tell you so many incredible stories.
Stories that I can only remember bits and pieces of from my early childhood.

Little Jimmy Dicken's songs usually pertained to his own life & how poor he lived--two songs fit his life--"Take an Old Cold Tater & Wait & "Sleeping at the foot of the bed" which I have done & having to sleep at the foot of the bed is worse--even sleeping on a hard mattress on a concrete floor when visiting friends who lived in an Apartment in St. Louis, MO--I woke up with a sore back & could hardly walk & I was a teenager! Ma

Little Jimmy Dicken's songs usually pertained to his own life & how poor he lived--two songs fit his life--"Take an Old Cold Tater & Wait & "Sleeping at the foot of the bed" which I have done & having to sleep at the foot of the bed is worse--even sleeping on a hard mattress on a concrete floor when visiting friends who lived in an Apartment in St. Louis, MO--I woke up with a sore back & could hardly walk & I was a teenager! Ma
Yup. Life was tough.
Up in Bolt.
Grandma, Grandpa and my uncle's lived in a dirt floor shanty on a crop sharing farm.
Very rough life. Grandpa died their after coming in from working the fields with a horse drawn plow. Grandma told many stories of the hardships.
Often getting up in the winter mornings. Brushing snow off the stove to get hot water and breakfast going. Walking to the crik for water. After her 7 yr old daughter died of pneumonia in her arms.
She had enough and moved back into her mom's house in Philadelphia.
Uncles being teenagers didn't understand and preferred to stay on the farm. And Grandpa being a half wild woodsman was to stubborn to leave. Great Grandma always said Grandma married down in society. She came back every Christmas and summer to be with the boys and her husband.
A very strained marriage.
Years later after remarrying I grew up with Grandma on the outskirts of a southern Ohio town.
Where most of her brothers and family moved to after the great depression.
Though in a modern home still modern amenities were lacking. I loved watching that Fancy ringer washer dance across the floor. That was one fancy gadget. No more washing board. Though grandma still preferred the board over that crazy washing machine. Speaking of boards. I wasn't so lucky.
Had to go pick my own hickory switch.
Being a little kid I thought the small skinny switch wouldn't hurt as much. Owwww. Was I Wrong.
Bathing in an oversized kitchen sink until I was 8 yrs old and to big. I still prefer sponge bathing than a bath. Always hated getting up out of a bath just to have the oily dirt film cling back on to my body.
Have to shower after to feel clean. Or swim in the crik. LoL
I never saw a real bathroom until I went to school. Those nasty smelly urinals. Augh
Yup. Life can be rough.
Though that's what made US tough.
Bless Y'all Ma ...

Old country: Chet Atkins, Marty Robbins, Patsy Cline, George Jones, Sons of the Pioneers, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Snow, Hank Williams
New country: George Strait, Dwight Yokum, Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson
Old Rock: Led Zeppelin, Zombies, Yardbirds, Pink Floyd, Roy Orbison, Beatles, Stones, Temptations, Tom Petty
To me the most beautiful music is the Moonlight Sonata.

Yup. Life was tough.
Up in Bolt.
Grandma, Grandpa and my uncle's lived in a dirt floor shanty on a crop sharing farm.
Very rough life. Grandpa died their after coming in from working the fields with a horse drawn plow. Grandma told many stories of the hardships.
Often getting up in the winter mornings. Brushing snow off the stove to get hot water and breakfast going. Walking to the crik for water. After her 7 yr old daughter died of pneumonia in her arms.
She had enough and moved back into her mom's house in Philadelphia.
Uncles being teenagers didn't understand and preferred to stay on the farm. And Grandpa being a half wild woodsman was to stubborn to leave. Great Grandma always said Grandma married down in society. She came back every Christmas and summer to be with the boys and her husband.
A very strained marriage.
Years later after remarrying I grew up with Grandma on the outskirts of a southern Ohio town.
Where most of her brothers and family moved to after the great depression.
Though in a modern home still modern amenities were lacking. I loved watching that Fancy ringer washer dance across the floor. That was one fancy gadget. No more washing board. Though grandma still preferred the board over that crazy washing machine. Speaking of boards. I wasn't so lucky.
Had to go pick my own hickory switch.
Being a little kid I thought the small skinny switch wouldn't hurt as much. Owwww. Was I Wrong.
Bathing in an oversized kitchen sink until I was 8 yrs old and to big. I still prefer sponge bathing than a bath. Always hated getting up out of a bath just to have the oily dirt film cling back on to my body.
Have to shower after to feel clean. Or swim in the crik. LoL
I never saw a real bathroom until I went to school. Those nasty smelly urinals. Augh
Yup. Life can be rough.
Though that's what made US tough.
Bless Y'all Ma ...

My dad used the plow & two horses to work the farm (planting & harvesting) for years until the horses got old then he bought a tractor, already had an old-fashioned huge wire hay bailer & mom, Cliff & I helped rake & load the bales on the wagon pulled with horses before & after with the tractor! You know it has been so long since I lived on the farm it is hard to remember what happened & when! We had Fuzzy & Worrywart, who was a very nervous male that got spooked easily but Fuzzy, the mare, was as gentle as a little Lamb! I used to ride her to my cousin's house (nearest neighbor--no saddle) --one time I slid off & she just stood still & never moved until I was able to get back on--I don't remember if there was a fence nearby, but I managed to get back on & ride her home!

Our old house (bought in 1941) was two large rooms with bare wooden walls & board floors--Mom pasted newspapers for wallpaper & that is how I learned to read before I attended school & dad used match sticks to teach Cliff & I how to add & subtract & we both were very good in MATH! Later dad built onto the back with a partial basement where mom stored her vegs, potatoes, onions & canned goods.

Dad put in three more rooms straight across the back -- one was my bedroom, then the kitchen & a covered but open window type area back porch--where mom did her laundry using a wringer washing machine & the twins' diapers & baby clothes after they were born in '46--before that was a black iron kettle, a galvanized wash tub for rinsing & (for bathing in the Kitchen on Sat nights when too cold to bathe in the crick) with fire under the kettle to boil the water & clean the clothes mostly farm clothing & nothing fancy, as mom made mine & her dresses out of flowered flour & feed sacks! When ready to hang we had wires hung for clothesline & after running out of line we used fence & bushes! In the Wintertime the sheets & etc would freeze dry--no room to hang in the house, whether hot or cold there was clothing to wash & we used irons heated on our kitchen wood burning stove to iron our dresses & good blouses & shirts while listening to Soap Operas on SATURDAYS on the radio which had to be charged up often, especially for dad to listen to his Ball Games & Sports! So, you see, when I say life was hard on the farm & we were poor, it is no LIE! Ma

My dad used the plow & two horses to work the farm (planting & harvesting) for years until the horses got old then he bought a tractor, already had an old-fashioned huge wire hay bailer & mom, Cliff & I helped rake & load the bales on the wagon pulled with horses before & after with the tractor! You know it has been so long since I lived on the farm it is hard to remember what happened & when! We had Fuzzy & Worrywart, who was a very nervous male that got spooked easily but Fuzzy, the mare, was as gentle as a little Lamb! I used to ride her to my cousin's house (nearest neighbor--no saddle) --one time I slid off & she just stood still & never moved until I was able to get back on--I don't remember if there was a fence nearby, but I managed to get back on & ride her home!

Our old house (bought in 1941) was two large rooms with bare wooden walls & board floors--Mom pasted newspapers for wallpaper & that is how I learned to read before I attended school & dad used match sticks to teach Cliff & I how to add & subtract & we both were very good in MATH! Later dad built onto the back with a partial basement where mom stored her vegs, potatoes, onions & canned goods.

Dad put in three more rooms straight across the back -- one was my bedroom, then the kitchen & a covered but open window type area back porch--where mom did her laundry using a wringer washing machine & the twins' diapers & baby clothes after they were born in '46--before that was a black iron kettle, a galvanized wash tub for rinsing & (for bathing in the Kitchen on Sat nights when too cold to bathe in the crick) with fire under the kettle to boil the water & clean the clothes mostly farm clothing & nothing fancy, as mom made mine & her dresses out of flowered flour & feed sacks! When ready to hang we had wires hung for clothesline & after running out of line we used fence & bushes! In the Wintertime the sheets & etc would freeze dry--no room to hang in the house, whether hot or cold there was clothing to wash & we used irons heated on our kitchen wood burning stove to iron our dresses & good blouses & shirts while listening to Soap Operas on SATURDAYS on the radio which had to be charged up often, especially for dad to listen to his Ball Games & Sports! So, you see, when I say life was hard on the farm & we were poor, it is no LIE! Ma
Yep. But I miss that era.
Great story Ma.
And the more you tell. The more you remember.

I was born in '61 ,, but spent a lot of time at grandparents and and aunts, uncles , great aunts and uncles homes who still lived like that in the late 60s , early 70s . Used to help haul wood , fetch the eggs from the chicken pen ,, helped in the gardens , sat on the porches in the evenings shucking corn and shelling beans ,, I still love them speckled butterbeans ,, or maybe it's just the way them country folks cooked them . I'd work my butt off for 50 cents a day and one of'em would give me a ride to the old country store/gas station ,, and I'd buy a candy bar , a drink , and a few little packs of BB's for my Red Ryder slaughter gun . I'm glad I wasn't a city boy all my life .

I was born in '61 ,, but spent a lot of time at grandparents and and aunts, uncles , great aunts and uncles homes who still lived like that in the late 60s , early 70s . Used to help haul wood , fetch the eggs from the chicken pen ,, helped in the gardens , sat on the porches in the evenings shucking corn and shelling beans ,, I still love them speckled butterbeans ,, or maybe it's just the way them country folks cooked them . I'd work my butt off for 50 cents a day and one of'em would give me a ride to the old country store/gas station ,, and I'd buy a candy bar , a drink , and a few little packs of BB's for my Red Ryder slaughter gun . I'm glad I wasn't a city boy all my life .
60 here.
Yup those were the Best day's of our life's.
So wish I could go back.
Though one exception.
I know Everything I know now.

60 here.
Yup those were the Best day's of our life's.
So wish I could go back.
Though one exception.
I know Everything I know now.
Yes sir ,,, if being in heaven is like your happiest days on earth ,, then ,, I was in heaven in those days .

I remember my Mom telling me how when it snowed in the wintertime ,, and the wind was blowing ,, she'd wake up in the mornings and have a snow drift in the corner of the bedroom ,, but the room never leaked when it rained .

I also remember sleeping as a kid in the back bedroom of my Dad's parents house ,, which was the last addition that was put onto the old farmhouse ,, the only heat it had was what would drift down the hallway during the night ,, which was very little . But ,, grandma always closed the door because the cold air in the bedroom would blow into the warm part of the house ,,, :rofl: That may sound strange ,, but it was true . But when you're tucked under 3 or 4 of grandma's hand stiched quilts ,, you was as warm as you would be on a good ole warm spring day . Me and my brother would be laughing and giggling about popping our heads out from underneath them quilts and seeing the fog of our breath drifting towards the ceiling .
Yep ,, it was better times for us back then ,, probably because we were just kids ,, didn't have the worries of the world upon us . But , I love the memories .

Yes sir ,,, if being in heaven is like your happiest days on earth ,, then ,, I was in heaven in those days .

I remember my Mom telling me how when it snowed in the wintertime ,, and the wind was blowing ,, she'd wake up in the mornings and have a snow drift in the corner of the bedroom ,, but the room never leaked when it rained .

I also remember sleeping as a kid in the back bedroom of my Dad's parents house ,, which was the last addition that was put onto the old farmhouse ,, the only heat it had was what would drift down the hallway during the night ,, which was very little . But ,, grandma always closed the door because the cold air in the bedroom would blow into the warm part of the house ,,, :rofl: That may sound strange ,, but it was true . But when you're tucked under 3 or 4 of grandma's hand stiched quilts ,, you was as warm as you would be on a good ole warm spring day . Me and my brother would be laughing and giggling about popping our heads out from underneath them quilts and seeing the fog of our breath drifting towards the ceiling .
Yep ,, it was better times for us back then ,, probably because we were just kids ,, didn't have the worries of the world upon us . But , I love the memories .
Yup. Them was tha days. ☺️

Listening to this right now. The guy is 100% independent, known for controversial Rap music, but he wrote a love song for his girlfriend, and it topped the charts almost immediately.

Check it out!

Listening to this right now. The guy is 100% independent, known for controversial Rap music, but he wrote a love song for his girlfriend, and it topped the charts almost immediately.

Check it out!

Beautiful music!