Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MX Sport - Question

ahunter

Just bought an MX Sport and I am new to the Whites line of detectors. Is there a book such as (Getting the most out of your DFX) out on the MX Sport yet?

I live in Nebraska and we have fairly mild soils here, and we also go to AZ, which in areas has high mineralization. I enjoy coin and jewelry hunting and will be hitting the fresh water
beaches, Any and all tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

Havent seen or heard of a book on sport yet. I like all metal or prospecting mode, sat at 5. If you come across a target you question, like a bottlecap, switch to prospect mode and see what percentage machine thinks its iron. Above 50% id walk on

Great advice from Irnwrkr and Rick. If your soil is mild go with All Metal and Prospect mode. Get a few hours in with them. You can alway check a target with one of the other descriminating modes like coin/jewlery also. Once you get the feel for the detector and the IDs you will be surprised just how good and deep the MX Sport is.

I stopped detecting 20 years ago. I used Whites Detectors. Others I had tried but sold very fast. When I started up a few months ago again, It was hard to pick a unit. People said that Whites was not what it used to be and that newer lighter unit from France was better. It cost around 1,500.00 Euros.

However, I stuck with Whites and invested in a MXSport. It was nothing like my units I had before . The small items that I am finding at a deep depth I do not think I would have found with any of the units I had. I hate foil. This machine finds it. But I have not questions on if I should dig it. Small silver coins would have been missed if I just walked away. I do have a big bag of foil. ;)

Mark

Mark,

Thank you for your kind words, and glad there is another happy MX Sport customer out there. If you're on Facebook we'd love to see some of your finds on our page - https://www.facebook.com/whiteselectronics/

tboykin said:
Mark,

Thank you for your kind words, and glad there is another happy MX Sport customer out there. If you're on Facebook we'd love to see some of your finds on our page - https://www.facebook.com/whiteselectronics/
Hey I see some who have sent theirs in for firmware update got a ball cap. Whats the chances of me getting one? Mine been in and back already when firmware update first came out

Can you message us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/whiteselectronics/

Its on the way back to the factory. Screen cracks. Maybe a ballcap will find its way into the return box