Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mxsport

Larry, that is exactly what I have said to describe the MXT audio and performance behavior since I used my original MXT after it was released. The MXT Pro carries on the same digital/analog blend that you can hear and even feel, if experienced enough with the MXT series. The M6, an abbreviated MXT, has the additional 7-Tone audio ID, and that White's incorporated in the MXT Pro/All-Pro model.

As for the coming MX Sport, I believe they have based more of the design on the MX5, not the original MXT or current MXT All-Pro. The MX5 already had the 1-Tone, 2-Tone and 8-Tone options, not a 7-Tone, and while the MX5 is kind of based on the MXT platform, as they say, it is more of an all-digital design and lacks the audio qualities of the MXT's. Not that the MX5 is bad, it is just 'different' and using it you can tell it is more of the 'modern' digital circuitry design.

Monte

Monte said:
As for the coming MX Sport, I believe they have based more of the design on the MX5, not the original MXT or current MXT All-Pro. ... while the MX5 is kind of based on the MXT platform, as they say, it is more of an all-digital design and lacks the audio qualities of the MXT's. Not that the MX5 is bad, it is just 'different' and using it you can tell it is more of the 'modern' digital circuitry design.

Monte

I was thinking that maybe the MX Sport was based on the Treasure Pro series, just looking ay the housing and screen. Basing it on the MX5 is something I hadn't even thought of. You're right the tones seem to point to an MX5. Even if it is based on the MX5, I hope White's engineers and testers tried to preserve and incorporate the "feel" of the old MXT.

That's the big question: whether it's a real MXT that has been updated and improved, or if it's something else that has been designed to be "MXT-like" and ride the coat tails of the MXT's great reputation. Time will tell. Can't wait for the first field reports from experienced detectorists, and then we'll know.

By the way, White's also has the MX Sport on it's website. No further details, just a nice photo. Sure looks good!

Im getting one... the waterproof has my ears perked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOQwwIbgSw

You hit the nail on head Steve. All companies have to update and improve their line up of detectors to compete. This could be just the start of updates for Whites. For all those multi frequency wishers out there, what about an updated Beach Hunter in a new package with new features? Maybe a water proof V3i with more frequencies and even better performance to compete with the Xcal. Some current models may be dropped, prices adjusted as we see with other companies. Myself personally, I will take an MXT over an AT Pro anytime, no offense AT Pro. I will pay a little more for a water proof MXT ( MX Sport) whatever you want to call it that dog can hang with and out hunt a AT Pro, given that the performance is as good or better than the current MXT Pro. There is a point where I have to compare feature for feature, performance to performance of the machines on the market to justify a price. That's the hardest part of making a decision to purchase a detector for everyone I feel. I say god luck Whites, role that puppy out and let's see what you got! Price it right and it better be good.

My guess is this is more an MX5 beefed up to be MXT like than the other way around. That is not a bad thing per se but I do suspect the audio is going to be more like the MX5 than the MXT. Time will tell I guess. You maybe give a little here but gain quite a bit there also. Always the nature of the beast when talking detectors it seems.

I am not seeing much from the MXT missing other than intangibles like the audio. The main thing that sticks out is the MXT has a variable disc knob which was great in Relic mode for setting the tone break. The MX Sport uses the same set of notch select target id bins as the MX5 and each can be accepted or rejected, but you lose than fine control an adjustable knob offers.

Main thing for me is I really wanted the MX5 but one thing held me back - always being in ground tracking. I prefer to have the ability to lock and use ground grab, and the MX Sport offers just that. Good to go as far as I am concerned. MX5 has 1, 2, and 8 tones. MX Sport 1, 2, 4, 8, and 20 tones. Some people find full blown tone hunting too busy, but I like it, so 20 tones suits me fine.

OK here is the part where you can call me crazy. I like gold, gold is my thing. You guys can have the coins. What I really liked in the MX5 was the notch selection capability missing on the MXT. Lots of ferrous wraps around high tone and guys digging silver have to deal with ferrous that wraps high. Me, I am more inclined to hunt tones but when I do want to actually reject targets, I will reject low ferrous, accept up to near zinc penny, and reject zinc penny on up. Just hunt the solid gold range only and leave the lose change for everyone else. or maybe just notch in quarters to pay for gas money.

Some coin detectors are so arrogant as to not allow you to even knock out coin range targets, like that is all people hunt for. I have a model made by the competition that I like but it will not let me notch out high coin. I use my V3i instead for that, but have never really warmed up to the V3i like I did the MXT. MX5 almost did it for me except that one little thing. I am thinking that competitor machine is going to get sold and replaced by an MX Sport.

Hopefully we see a pumped up Beachhunter stuffed into this box - I would welcome that. But I think White's made a wise move with this unit as the MXT is one of the most popular and successful detectors ever made by anyone. I am willing to pay more for this than what you can get other brands for and many others will also. You guys want to stay with the other brand just because they cost less, that's fine. I like the way this looks to be built better myself. This addresses the only thing that held me back from the MX5 and is waterproof and lighter than an MXT - sign me up!

I read all that and I still sound like a White's dealer after all these years. Go figure.

I'm right there with you Steve, ground grab, lighter than the MXT, water proof, back light, and multi tone, I'll pay a little more than some other brands for sure. Couple all this with Whites customer service, sold!

Just received an E-Mail from Whites And they say the new Mxsport will be out in less than 4 weeks from today and no cost yet. Thanks
----------
Bill :clapping:

One thing I wish it Had was a Adjustable Modulated Audio setting or At least a Modulation ON/OFF Like other Whites eventhough MXT doesn't have it. Otherwise I love the 4 Tone I.D. an waterproof submersible. But Modulated Audio would have been a Home run for Me. Stll Good to see White's still in the game as always have a soft spot for White's detectors as found my first silver coin with a XLT. And to this day Have a XL-PRO old school analog that is just plain fun to take out every now and then.

I know this is an older post, that being said I have ordered the MXSport and can't wait to give it a whirl! I really have like most of my White's machines, they were all different and have had different likes and dislikes. But my MXT All Pro! That is a machine that is timeless! there were days detecting that it felt like I and the machine were one! It will always be one of the greats!

I hope you give it a review on here for us. I am wanting either The Mx Sport or CTC3030. I was not as happy with the V3i. I have also had the Spectrum xlt and Eagle II Sl. Could not get the finds I wanted with the V3i. I tried every coil know to man. I hope the MX sport will be a winner I can buy. I already have a e-trac and F75. I think a whites detector would round out my detector collection.