Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mxsport

finnfoto

Repackaged Mxt. 13.8 khz. Can't swing the price of 1300 bucks. Would have love to seen this in a dual frequency like the DFX.

I think we have a ways to go yet before we can call the MXSport a waterproof MXT. The MXT has special engineering that we don't know if it was duplicated in the new MXSport yet. The MXT has mixed mode running all metal and discrimination modes at the same time as well as the high speed VSAT ground tracking, hyperSAT for prospecting and iron probability that the MXT is well known for.

All we know so far is the operating frequencies are very close to each other, if not the same. I did notice that the battery life is only half of the MXT for some reason :shrug:

Larry, on page 5 of the MX Sport manual it says battery life is "up to 40 hours," but on the specs it says "20+ hours.". My guess is that it burns batteries at the same rate as the old MXT, but the marketing people decided to play it conservative so there wasnt such high expectations in case the full 40 hours wasn't met, like with rechargeable, lower quality non-alkalines, or with a lot of backlight or night external speaker volume.

I've got my fingers crossed that tthere's still a "real" MXT under the hood.

Larry, here is the users manual for the new machine.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=q7JhMynUOQqxb8KCYBByuA%3D%3D&fcc_id=KHS800-0347
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2826896

Thanks for posting the link to the user manual. Reading the manual should answer most questions about operation and features. By the way, I meant high external speaker volume, not "night." Darn autocorrect.

I couldn't open the PDF's, it might be the upgrade to windows 10 that I did.

Ahh, Nancy could open it and sent it to me......... interesting. It does have mixed mode Relic and the salt track option for any program. I do like the Treasure Pro display on the MXSport but the anticipated price tag scares me. Again, time will tell.

Glad Nancy got you hooked up with a copy of the manual. Mixed mode relic, salt, etc., all point to basically an MXT with upgraded software. Looks like they took the MXT, added features in software, and made some changes to the board to get rid of some of the older (probably hard to source) parts and make it fit the new waterproof housing and TreasurePro-type screen and controls. I just hope they didn't mess with it too much to alter the MXT's "sports car" handling and keeps the MXT "heart and soul." .

finnfoto said:
This is to be the competitive unit to the AT-PRO.

Surely White's knows this too, that their main competition is the AT Pro, and I would think they will be savvy enough to price it appropriately. The absurdly high price we've seen floating around ($1349 :surprised:) is at this point totally unsubstantiated rumor. My guess is that it will end up priced in the $600-800 range. We will soon see.

Funny to read the commentary. As if White's coming out with this would preclude them coming out with a new multifrequency unit, and that they have therefore blown it. Really? Might it be more likely that given a new housing you will see a whole series of new machines based on it?

And battery life. 20+ hours and 40 hours can mean the same thing. It's called CYA.

On the flip side, expecting them to price this less than an MXT Pro when it has far more features than an MXT Pro, weighs less, and is waterproof, again, really?

Lots of people been wanting a waterproof MXT for many years, and lots of people are going to love this machine. All it really needs is an adapter so people with large existing MXT compatible coil collections can use them on this new machine without having to buy a bunch of new coils.

Thanks Steve. I am one of those people who are overjoyed to have a waterproof MXT, in fact, I've been posting and openly begging White's for an upgraded MXT for several years. I'll say it: thanks White's for improving upon the MXT and not getting sidetracked by dual frequencies or the need for other marketing hype. The MXT is/was a great performer and worthy of continued evolutionary (not revolutionary) development.

There's something about the MXT that is special, the way it handles and reacts and communicates, that is NOT reflected by numerical specs or features lists in the brochures. I spent a year each concertedly trying to learn the V3i and the CTX 3030, and while they're good machines, in the end I went back to the MXT and was happy to do so. The difference in "feel" between the V3i and MXT is not something you can put a number on, but is obvious to anyone that has used both.

Quite simply put, White's made something special with the MXT. As Keith Southern and NASA Tom have said, basically it's the Dave Johnson bred DNA, and it looks like it going to live on in the new MX Sport.

Wayfare, is the special "feel" you are describing reflected in the audio response of targets, or something else?

Talked to a guy that field tested one...says we are going to love it

Larry (IL) said:
Wayfare, is the special "feel" you are describing reflected in the audio response of targets, or something else?

Good question! And I don't mind if I go ahead and ramble on a bit with an answer. The "feel" is in the audio response, yes. The instantaneous target audio when passing over the target, with NO discernible processing delay. A feeling of being directly and immediately connected to what your coil is passing over. I know the MXT is technically digital, but it doesn't try to do too much. A few simple controls, a simple dot-matrix VDI display, and some audio options, and that's about it.

After a couple decades on analog machines, maybe I got spoiled :clsoedeyes: All the later digital machines I've tried introduced some degree or another of processor delay. The CTX 3030 wasn't too bad, but it was there. About the worst was the White's V-series. "Laggy" as heck.

Also, the audio on the MXT is "honest" down to all the little spits and sputters. It tells you everything and lets your own brain be the signal processor. The MXT is doing very little signal and audio processing. Many digital machines try to quiet the signal down to make it easier to understand for the novice, and consequently, they over-process, they lose the fine rise and fall of a signal, they lose the "feel" of the target. The MXT, on the other hand, is like an older sports car: noisy, raw, responsive, and pure delight.

I thought that might be what you were talking about, the MXT is pretty unique because it is a hybrid Digital/Analog detector and I'm curious if that technology is carried over to the MXSport. On the MXT, just about everything is digital except the audio is converted back to analog which accounts for that special "feel".

It amazes me when hunting with Nancy, she calls most of her silver finds with a high degree of accuracy before digging them...... I hear her say, this one sounds real good honey.......:biggrin: More often than not, she is right.