Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT pro for relic hunting or V3i

Hi there guys. I have a question pertaining to which detector would be suited the closest for my relic hunts. Im looking into either a MXT pro or the V3i. I don't hunt much for coins. Will most certainly use it strictly in woods and fields environment. I hunt for lead and brass relics and native float copper. Soils are quite sandy with above mineralization. Some of my targets can be 12 plus inches. Not much garbage in ground, occasional iron and or shot shells. Will the V3i be over kill for just mainly relic hunting? Does the MXT pro have the punch power to get down deep like the V3i would get? What large coil would you recommend. Thanks guys for any suggestions, Steve

Howdy Glasartisan--

I've never used an MXT but I can tell you that the V got me an eagle cuff button at 10" with the D2 Coil. Also, I've dug my share of spent percussion caps in the 5 - 6" range. I think that it's an excellent relic detector. Best of luck in your decision and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Both are heavy hitters when hunting for relics, either one will do a fine job, but if you can afford the V3i, that would be your better choice IMHO. The MXT Pro has a much quicker learning curve and easier to master than the V, but if you don't mind spending a lot of time learning the V3i, it is much more versatile and can be fine tuned to hunt just about anywhere.

My MXT Pro's ground tracking works better in mineralized soil. The V3i has better visual discrimination and 3 frequencies. Consider buying both as they can share the same coils.

The easy menu getting you "in" for important variables concerning iron? The V3i still amazes me. (Talk about finding a whisker on a whisker.)