Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Pro Question

Tony

I've only had my MXT Pro for a short time but stumbled upon something strange when mucking around with the modes.

When switching from Relic to Coin and Jewelery, my big gold wedding ring is completely discriminated in Coin and Jewelery mode until I hit the "Music notes" or GRAB button ?? The ring then sounds off normally. The ring has a VDI of 40. I tried this several times and got the same result.

I had some coins and a pulltab but they were fine in both modes.....just the gold ring that has me confused....:wacko:

The Disc setting is on zero the whole time.

Any ideas or can anyone else replicate the problem?

Thanks,
Tony

Sounds like a software glitch. At least if you know about it you can easily update the ground to fix it. But it makes you wonder if this is common or not. Most people may never know its happening, I'll test it out on my MXT Pro using a +40 VDI target.........
I could not replicate that issue with my machine. I tried a separated jacket casing from a fired jacketed bullet that had a VDI of +42, the closest I could find to +40. I tried 0 disc and a typical disc of about 3 also, starting over with relic mode before adjusting disc for both tests. I tried both 'lock' and auto 'ground' trac with no change.

What did you have the 'gain' set to and what mode did you set the ground 'trac'? Can you cause this issue using any other methods such as turning the machine on in C/J mode?

I've recently had my detector show solid blocks all across the LCD screen, everything possible was showing. The detector was still functioning though. I just powered it off and back on and never had it happen again. See if you can replicate your issue again after its been off awhile.

Youe mxt pro came with 9.5 stock coil? The new catalot has the picture of the mxt pro with 12 incher

Aarong81 said:
Sounds like a software glitch. At least if you know about it you can easily update the ground to fix it. But it makes you wonder if this is common or not. Most people may never know its happening, I'll test it out on my MXT Pro using a +40 VDI target.........
I could not replicate that issue with my machine. I tried a separated jacket casing from a fired jacketed bullet that had a VDI of +42, the closest I could find to +40. I tried 0 disc and a typical disc of about 3 also, starting over with relic mode before adjusting disc for both tests. I tried both 'lock' and auto 'ground' trac with no change.

What did you have the 'gain' set to and what mode did you set the ground 'trac'? Can you cause this issue using any other methods such as turning the machine on in C/J mode?

I've recently had my detector show solid blocks all across the LCD screen, everything possible was showing. The detector was still functioning though. I just powered it off and back on and never had it happen again. See if you can replicate your issue again after its been off awhile.

Thanks Aaron for your response.
Only happens when changing into C&J from relic and when in the Iron ID or Tone 1 setting. Tone 2 doesn't cause this
problem. No problems at all if starting in C&J. Trac setting was in Lock. Ground does the same problem.
Kinda weird but as mentioned if I hit GRAB, MUSIC NOTES and even the BACKLIGHT button after entering C&J then the machine operates just fine. It's just this one target (gold ring) that it discs out until one of the above buttons is hit.
Tony
Ps. This is with the 5.3 coil. I'll try the 950. Gain was on preset and lower settings also

Pps. I can replicate the problem with the 950 coil so it is not a coil problem.

zamora said:
Youe mxt pro came with 9.5 stock coil? The new catalot has the picture of the mxt pro with 12 incher

Hello Zemora,

I requested the 950 as a "stock coil" as I have no need for the larger 12".

Tony.

Mystery has been solved.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?50916-MXT-Pro-Mode-Selection-Tip&highlight=Mode+Selection

Nothing wrong with the machine.....just a few things that need to be done when changing modes.

Tony.

zamora said:
i woder if you can request the D2?

You can only ask.

Maybe your dealer can help you out.

I can't see why not as the 10" D2 and 12" Super Search concentric coil have the same retail price.

Tony.

zamora said:
yea i saw that too , if they will ill also get the sel 4x8DD, do you like that coil? thanks tony

I only have concentric coils and no DD coils as I prefer a concentric coil because;

1. My soils are mild
2. Pinpointing is easier
3. VDI readings are more reliable
4. Depth is very good for such a small coil (5.3 Eclipse).

....but if I ever have to hunt more mineralised areas then I would opt for a DD.

HH
Tony.

I've only had my MXT Pro for a short time but stumbled upon something strange when mucking around with the modes.

When switching from Relic to Coin and Jewelery, my big gold wedding ring is completely discriminated in Coin and Jewelery mode until I hit the "Music notes" or GRAB button ?? The ring then sounds off normally. The ring has a VDI of 40. I tried this several times and got the same result.

I had some coins and a pulltab but they were fine in both modes.....just the gold ring that has me confused....

The Disc setting is on zero the whole time.

Any ideas or can anyone else replicate the problem?

Thanks,
Tony

This is interesting. I decided to give it a try on my pro with the 6x8 dd and had identicle results! I used a penny next to a larger bent nail to get close to 40 vdi. I would say mine was eliminating between 35 and 45 vdi's as it was bouncing a little with the occasional spits of a higher or lower unread vdi. Going to have to remember this for future hunts.

Hello ronhob,

Not really a problem if one is aware of the situation. I now automatically hit GRAB whenever changing modes which resets the circuitry to operate as it should. I thought White's might have mentioned this somewhere as a precaution.

I am very happy with the MXT Pro.......I still can't fault it !!

Tony.

Thats great you found that link....http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?50916-MXT-Pro-Mode-Selection-Tip&highlight=Mode+Selection and completely settles it. Also nice to know you don't have to send your machine in to repair it. I'll have to keep this in mind because I switch modes occasionally to compare depth.

Aarong81 said:
Thats great you found that link....http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?50916-MXT-Pro-Mode-Selection-Tip&highlight=Mode+Selection and completely settles it. Also nice to know you don't have to send your machine in to repair it. I'll have to keep this in mind because I switch modes occasionally to compare depth.

Is there a difference in depth from relic to c&j? Just curious what was meant by that statement.

I also noticed that if I go from c&j mode with tones on, to relic, the tones stay on until I use the grab or switch tones button.

Is there a difference in depth from relic to c&j? Just curious what was meant by that statement.

Yes, for one main reason. C/J uses a FAST prefixed SAT Speed while Relic mode can be used in a fast OR slow preset SAT Speed. The slow SAT Speed in Relic mode makes it extremely stable and allows you to set the gain very high. Using this mode I can set the gain all the way to the max 10+3 and the threshold is still stable. The tones are different in Relic mode and I prefer the tones of C/J but there are areas that are really clean and few targets that I want more depth so I'll switch to Relic mode and crank the gain for better depth.

The way to access these two SAT Speeds in Relic mode differ from the MXT and the MXT Pro. Using the MXT in Relic mode, you toggle between the two with the trigger(center and forward). Using the MXT Pro in Relic mode, you toggle between the two with the Tone button(1 tone, 2 tone).

1 Tone = No audio for rejected targets unless iron is accepted, which will produce a low tone. Non-iron produces a higher tone.
2 Tone = Low tone for rejected targets and a higher tone for accepted targets. Slower SAT speed. Very smooth threshold, go ahead and crank the gain.

Check out this post http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/180847-mxt-relic-mode-question.html and when you get to Tin Nuggets post, its a long post, he gives some great advice about Relic Mode and the reasons it can be so great.

ronhob said:
I also noticed that if I go from c&j mode with tones on, to relic, the tones stay on until I use the grab or switch tones button.

Yep, I noticed that too.......White's calls this a "feature" as opposed to a glitch....:)

At least we know that our machines are operating correctly and within specs.

Makes these forums so valuable.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Tony.

Thanks Aaron...some good info there.

Tony.

PS.....as mentioned, your multi tones from C&J will carry through to Relic until you update with GRAB.

I wonder if you don't update with GRAB if you are causing an unknown notch in the disc? This "feature" that carries the tones over to Relic Mode seems pretty cool but if it causes other "features" like this notch issue then who knows what your missing.

To make things even stranger.....After leaving Relic and going into C&J, I can press any of the 3 touch pad buttons (not just GRAB) and they all do the same thing and reset the C&J mode to normal !!!!!

:blink::blink::wacko:

This awesome machine has "character".......but I am sure glad that I know about it after owning the machine for 2 days and not 2 years.

HH
Tony.

PS......I still think White's should make some sort of announcement to owners of the MXT Pro....might save a lot of heartache for new users as well as old hands.