Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT-pro, VOLUME CONTROL

prester

In Spain, users MXT, MXT-pro need volume control, volume control is not old MXT, and we in Spain, need, and less noisy MXT.
think white's volume control MXT-pro.

Most headphones come with volume controls now, White's might have thought that was an unnecessary duplication. :shrug:

[size=large]when doing the research before buying, one learns neither the mxt or the mxt pro have volume control. if you bought either then you should have known you'd have to use headphones w/ controls. then again, if you didn't want to use headphones you got a good point. you still made the choice before buying though. i've never owned a m-6 but i think it has volume control and is a mini mxt.

HH[/size]

Might be wrong, but never have seen a reference to a volume control on the M6 either.
BB

[size=large]according to KellyCo's list the M6 has adjustable volume. where as the MXT is listed as being a fixed volume.
i may not be right but i'm never wro, wroo, wrooo, incorrect. :)

HH[/size]

When I buy MXT-pro, I know that no volume control, I think that MXT volume control, white's factories do not cost much to add volume control, and MXT-pro be much better detector.
I'm using spectra v3i + MXT-pro, and I like white's.

prester said:
When I buy MXT-pro, I know that no volume control, I think that MXT volume control, white's factories do not cost much to add volume control, and MXT-pro be much better detector.
I'm using spectra v3i + MXT-pro, and I like white's.
That's a nice lineup of detectors you're using. Just wondering, are you opposed to using headphones (with volume control) or just don't have access to any ? I find HP's are a must to be able to hear the faint signals.

Sometimes, very hot summer annoying headphones, Spanish bulls land (open ears), and other situations not use headphones, and the MXT is very noisy, so it is necessary to control volume

Definitely keep an ear open for those Spanish bulls !!. . . glad I don't have to worry about those here. Maybe you could look into a pair of the HP's with only one earcup. The "rattlers" are made to be able to listen for snakes but I'm sure they'll work for bulls also . . .good luck.

I have no idea why the MXT's don't have the volume control but can definitely see your need! Finding a nice set of headphones and keeping one ear uncovered would be the way to go. (Good pair of Nikes too!) You sure have a good set up in having both of those machines prester.

nw1886 said:
I have no idea why the MXT's don't have the volume control but can definitely see your need! Finding a nice set of headphones and keeping one ear uncovered would be the way to go. (Good pair of Nikes too!) You sure have a good set up in having both of those machines prester.

The Nikes or a slow hunting partner....:laugh:
When I hunt without my headphones I put a piece of duct tape over the speaker. it quiets it down quit a bit.
Volume controls on the headphones are a must.

good luck and keep an eye out for those bulls and their leftovers.

I've only been to my main nugget hunting area a couple times without seeing a bear (and I've been up there allot) so head phones aren't the best choice. What I use is a mini amplifier speaker I picked up from radio shack. It plugs into your headphone jack, has a volume control and uses a 9v battery.
[attachment 200357 miniamplifierspeaker.jpg]