Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT PRO with D2 coil

Does anyone have any experience with the D2 coil on an MXT? I just recently bought the D2 as a replacement for the factory coil, but have not had time to get out and it looks like it will be a few weeks before I do, so I was just wondering if anyone could give me an ideas as to what to expect..

I have the D2 and find that it puts my MXT on another level. I find it to be deep and excellent ground coverage and seperation. It does take a little getting used to on pinpointing, but once you do it a few times, it's no problem. I went on a hunt with several people using high end detectors and with the D2, I did not feel out gunned at all as I ended up with 3 coppers that day and a few other keepers. I think the D2 is a winner!

I use the D2 as my primary coil and love it. It has a trait that every DD coil has, it shows bottle caps as quarters. Other than that it is excellent for separation and marginally deeper than the 950. Side by side, the D2 can find targets that the 950 has NO chance at finding due to the fact that targets close together will cause the 950 to mask and null. I combed my small yard over MANY times with the 950 before I owned the D2 coil and dug every good target I could find. Once I bought the D2 I have gone over my yard and found several silver dimes both rosie and mercs, V-nickel and several buffalo nickels that the 950 could not detect. But not because they were too deep, they all had trash near them that masked the signal. Many public areas have been hit HARD in the 80's and 90's. But most of them used concentric coils and missed good targets that you can find with the D2. When I get a trashy high tone chirp with iron or foil signal mixed in, I slowly try try separate multiple targets and many times I have been able to tell "yep, there are two targets there".