Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Pro

I'm clear on the procedure for coin and jewelry to the point of ground balancing .What I'm not clear on when to use the trac toggle . If the unite is working well will trac toggling be of any benefit.Do I ground balance after I use the trac toggle?

Switching the toggle switch to tracking set the machine to change its GB as ground conditions change. If you do a manual/pumping GB you have to switch the toggle switch to Lock to maintain that GB setting. If left in tracking it will run as normal tracking does.

I rarely ever do a manual GB. I generally use Tracking for a few minutes and then switch to lock if the site is not real trashy. My MXT will track out a target fairly quick if I do not switch to lock. I keep forgetting to use the ground grab feature.

I am sure someone with more knowledge will reply with a better answer.

Jpiddle

When you put the unit in Trac Lock, it will lock the GB to the current setting the machine calculated when you ground balanced in the Ground or Salt setting. When you are in Trac Lock, you can then use the Ground Grab button to update the GB if need be. Ground Grab is an easy way to get the most current GB conditions, instead of going back into Ground or Salt, re-grounding, and then going into Trac Lock again.

If I am incorrect on this, someone please correct me. I just got an MXT Pro a few weeks ago, and this is how I interpret what I read in the manual.

Some prefer auto trac and some prefer to lock the GB. New users are encouraged to use auto trac and let the detector change the GB as needed. As you become familiar with the detector you should recognize when the auto trac is handicapped, such as really trashy areas and when you find a deep target that is barely audible. Jpiddle mentioned "trac out a target". That is when the detector thinks that a deep/weak signal is just mineralization and it adjusts the GB to ignore it. Auto trac will cause you to not listen to 'whispers' (deep goodies) as it tracs them out. You will lose depth using auto trac. Experiment using auto trac with a faint signal and you will notice that it sounds quieter with each pass for 2-3 swings until it seems to not be there anymore. I swing over a target MANY times before digging. It's part of my 'to dig or not to dig' regimen.
Just start out detecting with auto trac for a couple minutes and then switch the trac to LOCK. Then, every 10 minutes or so just push the 'Ground Grab' button while you are detecting in a relatively clear spot.