Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT to E-Trac

jimmy

I am a new e-trac owner, I still have my mxt as a backup in case I cannot learn the e-trac, so I will be reading & re-reading the forum for bits of info that will help me adjust to the e-trac as I am still in the smoke signal era when it comes to metal detectors&communications lol, Has anyone else here made the transition from an mxt to an e-trac successfully, Thanks and look forward to any help I can get and I look forward to messaging back and forth with you guys. (Btw I have used the mxt since 2003 with very great success but I just wanted something newer) Thanks, Jimmy (USNavy 1965-71)

i didn't switch from a mxt to the e trac but it is a very easy metal detector to learn ask questions here or in the e trac classroom soon you'll be finding the good stuff :thumbup:

Look up on you tube on how to make andys program ...Then gobto coinrelicdownunder. Watch video on the long tone and use his settings its a good place to start ....its amazing what the silver sounds like on lone tone

I wasn't an MXT user but a Garrett user. The first few hunts the tones drove me crazy but that was because
i haden't learned what to listen for. The settings seemed a lot to learn until I figured out that most are set to your preference and forget. Once you get the hang of it it's not really much to set up and run. It's a great detector and there's lots of good help here!

Long time Whites user here. This past August got the Etrac and love it more than any detector Ive ever owned. Grab up a copy of Sabicsh's book (Explorer/ETrac Guide).

Firewxman switched from the MXT to the E-Trac. He would be a qualified one to answer should you need. He's on here pretty often.

NebTrac

I came from the E series mxt, and my silver coin finds went up 75% changing to the etrac. For me it was testing with the different coins and hearing what the etrac was saying, silver coins came the 1st hunt for me with the others to follow. You will adjust fine and not look back but keep that mxt for hunting gold its great for that.

I did the switch 1 1/2 years ago. No regrets, though the ET is much more complex. I run TTF and mostly play in the woods.

I use Andy's program for everything (he gave it to me when he sold me my ETrac nearly four years ago). I open up the screen when I have a questionable signal to verify whether it is trash or not. The ETrac usually doesn't lie.

I bought an MXT Pro last fall for DIV and could never get used to it. I was too used to the ETrac and couldn't go away from it. I sold it to a hunting buddy who is now hooked and starting to find things with it now.

Both are great machines, but you will find more silver with the ETrac. The ETrac is definitely not as good on small jewelry as the MXT.

I also hunt with the XP Deus and it is similar to the MXT when it comes to small jewelry. This past Saturday one of my hunting buddies couldn't see a signal with his ETrac that was very solid to my Deus and it turned out to be a tiny butterfly (unfortunately not gold or silver). He prefers his ETrac most of the time but uses his MXT for small gold hunting instead of his ETrac.

Once you are used to the ETrac tones, it is hard to listen to other machines because the tonal variations don't seem to be as great.

Happy Hunting!! The silver will come.

Thanks to all you guys on here, I appreciate the help & encouragement on switching from the MXT to My new E-Trac. I may keep the Mxt as I have fund many gold items of jewelry and some nice natural gold nuggets also, but I am getting on in age(66) and feel my best hunting avenues will be beach and coin hunting now, I have given up my leased claims in Alaska and I am going to cncentrate my efforts here in North Carolina. as I am close to a lot of beaches and many old areas.I have downloaded the Emulator and slowly learning the controls before I actually put the coil on the ground. I hope to hunt starting in the e-trac's factory modes befor I g messing up something by trying more sopisticated settings after all I am still in the smoke signal era frame of mind lol, I just hope this ole dog can learn a few new tricks! I look forward to communicating with you good folks on this forum, Thanks Jimmy (USNavy 1965-71)

Hi Woodie, I am new to the etrac so I am not qualified to answer your question but I am going to use the presets coin or beach program for a while untill I get the hang of things and then experiment sme with better more specific settings, my advice would be to start with the basic programs imho. There are some great guys on this forum for help and as we learn we can pass it on ourselves,Good luck on your adventure