Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Vdi readings

Im just curious if anybody else gets Vdi readings that don't match what the MXT Pro is showing me on the screen? Example: In coin /jewelry with settings at 2-3 discrimination, 7-8 gain , I kept getting readings of 45 Vdi , Ring/pull tab , and everytime i dug up they were pennies? Just wonder if anybody can help ? This search took place in a park, any suggestions? Thanks

I'm sure they are newer zinc pennies, so it could be the soil they are in is pulling the VDi numbers down. Are you ground balancing the detector prior to starting your search at each location?

yes I am ground balancing, soil isn't highly mineralized , makes me say to myself, dig it up even if you get readings that don't correspond to what the detector s teliing me, thanks for your input

Does the odd VDI's happen just in this park? Something is not right, a VDI might vary by a couple numbers but it is not normal to be off that far.

Zinc cents should read in the high 50s to high 60s depending on how decomposed they are. I agree with Larry, something isn't right. Have you done any air tests with different items and coins? I would start testing items if not.

My machine was running some odd number yesterday too. The ground was vary wet to the point of water in the holes when I dug. Every reading that said "quarter" was a dime !! Never did find a quarter. But I was ready to put out a hit on whoever was drinking Corona !! Dud left about 1000 caps in the place.:veryangry::thumbdown: