Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT with DFX coil - question

ExpIInut

For reasons I'm not going into, I've gone back to a Whites MXT (may be changing my username soon :unsure: ) I've just acquired a nearly new machine but the coil reads DFX wideband - I know there's no problem with this but I didn't give the standard coil a chance on my last machine as I opted for an SEF from new. I'm in the UK so what difference will there be between the 2 as I really liked the SEF.

The MXT/DFX coil is a concentric while the SEF is a modified DD style coil. The SEF/DD if often the better coil for highly mineralized ground with better separation and less ground noise. The concentric coils are usually the better choice in more mild grounds with better depth and target ID.

[size=large]one comparison was done with the 6x10 whites vs sef 8x6. the results were obvious the sef was a better coil in the test. my thoughts are that it was the configuration of the coil and not that it got any deeper or saw thru the brick used. this needs to be concidered when going with any coil. the sef in this case seemed to wrap around the brick picking out the nickel because of it's shape.a concentric wasn't tested against the sef at all. would have made a more interesting test. just thought i'd pop this info into the post. i haven't been really impressed with my sef 8x6 mxt version. seems to be just as good as the 5.3 for the small coils. you may be talking bigger.
anyway,
hello from america.

HH[/size]