Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT, XLT, DFX to V3 pinned post

Silverblooded

Could the moderater create a pinned and locked post to help the MXT,XLT,DFX and other Whites detector users to get acclimated to the V3? I have a Deep Silver program that I would like to run but I still haven't figured out my V3 yet. This would make life a little bit easier for some of us.

Also, tips and tricks/troubleshooting/and what works and doesnt work with the V3 as in programming it,and other users input to help create the main post to be created.

I wish my V3 worked like my XLT with the freq's and the analisys graph.

Just a thought....
Silver.

PS. If I knew a good program I sure would tell everyone about it. It's not likely that your going to come over to my yard or parks or me come to yours anyways, and if you did I would enjoy your company and welcome you all.

I really don't know much about what I am doing.....
I'm so new to the V3 and detecting.

The V3 is also advertised as a turn on and go detector
with Pre-set programs.

I started to use the coin and jewely mode and tommorrow I
will try my new Eclipse coil.

The only thing I really change is the threshold volume so
I can hear the hum.

What am I missinng in this mass of confusion?

In a way, all 10,000 posts are here to help the V3 user understand their new detector. We are all learning together, so really, if the whole forum if pinned and locked, we wouldn't be able to explorer and share new ideas and debate old ones.

What works and does not work changes with each user and their ground conditions and level of experience. What works for some, is a nightmare for others.

If the V3 worked like your XLT, we wouldn't have a need for the V3 would we? As good as it is, the XLT is getting close to being 20 years old.

If you posted your basic location in your signature line, you might have a V3 user nearby that could help you with some hands on. Do you have a White's dealer nearby?

Welcome to the V3 forum Silver, and keep in mind, that the V3 is most likely the most advanced metal detector made. It will take time and and LOTS of it to fully understand everything it has to offer. The preloaded programs will let you get started and have fun while you learn how to maximize it's potential and your level of comprehension will determine how long it will take YOU to learn how to use all of it's features to your advantage, in your ground and the type of hunting that you do.

Well said Larry!

>>Just a thought....
Silver.<<

Take your NEW machine out and have fun LEARNING it ! ! ! It has a "Deep Silver" program!
Learn to de-tune the programs. They might be a little HOT for starting out.

I know I person that did so many changes to the settings...MORE than would be needed in 5 YEARS! Come to find out he had ONLY BEEN OUT 5 TIMES WITH HIS V3 in 7 MONTHS ! ! ! !

Go out and have fun. YOU DID READ THE MANUAL?

Jerry

Ummm, yes Jerry, I have read the manual! I am haveing trouble with the machine,(90% Machine, 10% user) I just thought that maybe a base post would help some users to understand the V3 a little better.My regional dealer in Ohio is helping me pinpoint a problem with the machine because it's not picking up coins more than 2-3" in the ground with the appropriate settings being made.
It's too bad for that fellow you mentioned, by far, I am not like that person.

Please do not start on the wrong foot and assume anything about me, or throw an insult like that at me .

@Larry. Yup, there is a dealer about 20 minutes or soooo away in Midland MI. Unfortunatly he has his head up his you know what, but he has good prices on his detectors. The other V3 owners in this area are not haveing the problems with their machines that I am right now. Like I said, maybe coil problems.

As of right now I need to swap out coils to see if that will take care of the problem.
Not to sure if I'm going to stick with this forum either.....

Sorry to hear about the local dealer. I'm sure you have informed Mike about your problem with him. If you are dealing with Mike Bright and his staff in Sylvania, rest assured they will get to the bottom of your problems. Great bunch of guys. Only 2-3 inches in depth does sound like a coil problem to me.

In a thousand ways, I seen no insulting here..... Jerry was being only helpful! He was just stating (in an indirect way) it takes time and a personal learning curve, to learn a top machine. Nothing personal was directed at all. Good luck in your solutions being found.

Mike Sr. is pretty cool.If he wasn't working all the time I could sit there on the phone and shoot the you know what with him all day long.

Since my local dealer still hasn't responded yet (as of 6:20pm est.) I'm going to borrow my friends 12'' Spider and see how that works out.

My problem is that my local dealer is a Super nice guy and he loves to talk, but just not about metal detecting. How do you complain about a really nice person? If I have to work with Mike then that's okay, but then again, my local dealer needs to know his equipment! Would you buy a new car from a pizza delivery person(no insult to pizza delivery folks(that was my second job and I loved it-girls girls girls!))? I'm sort of stuck in that situation.....

Anyways, Mike said if he was a betting man and he had $3.00 in his pocket, he would bet $2.50 it was the coil...LOL!! Yah, he's pretty cool!

I'm sure in the long run things about the V3 will be pinned. Day's are getting short and temp is dropping too. Last days will be with the XLT:yo:.

Thanks coin diggers!
Silver.

Your on the right path--Try a different coil ;-)

The MANUAL...LOL -- Many of us HAD to learn without the manual. White's did not have one when the Vision came out. LOL

Did you understand what I said about: "Learn to de-tune the programs"? Put a few coins on the ground and test the program settings. They may need to be turned down a little.

Good Luck

Jerry

I guess I need to lighten up a little then, but who in their right mind would not read the manual for a $1300.+ Metal Detector?????? It would be like giving the metal detector to someone else and telling them to use it and give the money back to me...

There is a right way of doing things and there are the easy way of doing things. I believe in the right way......

If no insult was intended, then my apologies to Jerry, but it sure looked that way to me. But just don't assume about me, okay?

Peace.
Silver

Personalities don't convey very well in print Silver, and Jerry is one of those guys, I think, who just might be a riot to be with in person, there is often more in his posts than just what he writes. In other words, he often is thinking a little deeper than what he writes. Just my guess, but then again, he may have escaped from a funny farm too............:shrug:

You would not believe the number of users who does not read the manual Silver, and then there are those who read, but does not comprehend. Most of the users on here are very knowledgeable and have been here from day one.

I have read the manual about 6 times and watched the video numerous times. One thing that helps me is to pick a few things to try and after the hunt read the manual. I do this each hunt and i either clarify things based on my usage or pick up something i missed. I have done this with all of my detectors.

I also take setting notes from the forum and document my hunts to capture patterns i wasnt paying attention to while hunting. I learned this as a fisherman.

Hi Silver and Welcome, If you can get a hold of one try the 5.3 Eclipse coil , It dosent see as mutch ground and will make it easer to learn the V3 , Thanks 4R Doing your Duty and giving us Freedom, N have a good Thanksgivine N X Mas, Your Fin Pall Friend MickFin,

Thanks Mickfin, happy holidays to you too.
It looks like Jerry and me will have more in common, so I understand now, sorry Jerry. Same personality type as myself. I read things and look into it a little deeper than I should. I also print things like that without really looking at how someone else would take it. Printing and talking are two different things.

I ordered the Christmas package and asked Whites to give me 2 coils instead of the pinponter and bag and they said yes, so I'm getting the 950 and the 5.3. the only problem is there will be snow on the ground when it gets here.

This is a little off topic but I'll still ask this one; The icons for wired, wireless and speakers above the live controls is not recognizing my wired headphones. It indicates speakers when my headphones are plugged in. I unplug and then plug it in a few times before it recognizes the headphones so I called whites and they are going to talk to the engineers about this and get back with me on it. Is this indicating maybe a software glitch that could be causing a problem too? I'm going to change out the coil first to see if that clears it up and then start (once again) adjusting settings.

Hey Lar, I understand about reading the manual. After awhile it all just blends in, like "the vco can be turned on blah blah blah........". Some areas need to be lowered down to a more laymans term. Not everyone are engineers like they are LOL...

Okay, I'll quite rambeling on.
Happy Gobble Gobble Day everyone!!
Silver.

I agree, the manual can be confusing and some things are not clear. Just about all of us are waiting for one or more books to be written about the V3. One of the most anticipated is one or two from Jeff Foster. At best, that will be months away yet. In the mean time, we just have fun and learn as we go and share what works for us.

>>wireless and speakers <<

In "Audio", drill down to the wireless headphones---REMOVE the "x"

Jerry

Jerry What Size Drili bit should I use 1/4 ro 1/8 LOL , Mic

I wish my V3 worked like my XLT with the freq's and the analisys graph.

Just a thought....
Silver

Hi there Silver......

If you tell us what your favourite settings are on your XLT then we could offer a few suggestions, but as Larry said, why have all the potential of a Spectra and then mistakenly wish to emulate the XLT?

Don't you realise that the 7.5 kHz of the three frequencies on your V3 is replicating your old XLT......and doing it with gold plated knobs on....!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if it's the XLT mode you want, then go to your TRANSMIT FREQUENCY Live control, then press ENTER, and navigate down to 7.5 kHz, and pull the trigger.

Now if you set up your audio, and discrim as you would normally do, then your V3 is mimicking an XLT in the operative sense.

We are all here to help, but with the potential power of this unit, then we should take it small bytes............All the best....TheMarshall.

P.S. :- Make sure you hunt with the Ground Filter set at 5 Hz. That does help with depth, especially if you sweep relatively slowly..(not too slowly though.)[/color]

[attachment 146129 V3.jpg]

[size=large]A damp, chilly morning in old England UK.......but the Spectra doesn't care....because it's hot.[/size]

Jerry, I already did that. I mentioned (at least I think I did,maybe in another post?) that I talked to one of the White's guys there in Oregon and he was going to consult with one of the engineers and call me back as soon as he finds out why it would do that. I'm going to try different headphones tomorrow (I should have done that first, I'm half back asswords @ this point. I'll blame it on my Vicodens LOL).

Thanks Marshall for the advice. I think that I am just going to have to play with it for awhile after I get done troubleshooting it first. I'm still waiting on the 12" spider my friend has for the loop trouble shooting.

Meanwhile I think I'm going to lurk here in the bushes while I get the V3 figured out. Anything new then I'll chime out to you all!

And thank you all for the advice:super:.
Silver

MIKE SR IN SYLVANIA.... Just a note if you want a straight shooter that will not steer you in the wrong direction...I borrowed a cheap bounty hunter metal setector for 1 weekend and got hooked on the sport. I found out about the V3 and had to have one...I contacted Mike Sr and took a trip to Sylvania Ohio..This guy was excited to show me the detectors, didnt BS me, and knew EVERYTHING about every setting. I looked at the M6, XLT, Prizms, DFX and V3...chose the V3 and decided to strart this trek with the best equipment..I have not been disappointed yet.
When I got my metal detector home I was less than comfortable with it...Mike Sr has helped me without hesitation with EVERY issue I had......I will NOT deal with anyone else...Glad to give him my business.